The grieving begins...

Ashton's pov.

My mind was full of dread. I couldn't handle the fact that my Auntie was gone. Everything felt so surreal. I felt that if someone where to pinch me, i would shoot awake. That all this would just be another one of my terrible dreams. I couldn't get my self to go in the hospital room. I sat as far away from the room as possible. I sat away from the sight of the windows too. I did not wish to see my Auntie like this, or the pain of my Uncle, and Brother.

Xavier was still here too. He sat there trying to give me some sort of comfort. It wasn't helping me feel any better, but i was grateful to have him here with me. I mean i wouldn't want to be here alone. All i was thinking was how this could have happened. My Auntie's health was very good. She didn't suffer any illnesses. She should have lived for quite a long time.

Guilt was sitting at the bottom of my stomach. Guilt because of how i treated her. I didn't appreciate the fact that she was just looking out for me. I yelled at her, i gave her way less credit then she deserved. She would clean the house. Provide me with clothes, money, a roof over my head. Sure she wasn't my mom, but in my eyes she was.

It had been 10 minutes since i arrived. I was growing a really bad headache. I guess you could say i was sober now, and experiencing my very first hangover. Let's just say i did not imagine it in a hospital. I was massaging my head when Xavier lightly tapped my shoulder. "Do you want some coffee, it will help with the headache". I looked over to him and declined his offer. I was not in the mood to be drinking coffee. I wasn't in the mood for drinking anything. However Xavier being Xavier got up to get some anyways. He was gone a couple of minutes, but came back with a steaming cup of coffee. I had small sips of the hot drink, and it did make my head feel a little better.

I could hear a door open, i turned to see my Uncle and Brody coming out my Aunties room. I slowly walked over to them. Another thing i wish i hadn't done, because as soon as i came in sight of my Uncle he started to have a go at me. He was yelling things i didn't understand.

"It's all your fault, you little brat". My eyes widened when he told me it was basically my fault she was dead. I looked over to Brody, he wasn't even looking at me.

"Brody what's he talking about, why is it my fault". My shoulders where now slightly slumped, Xavier was rubbing my back, but it wasn't providing me with comfort.

"Just go home with your boyfriend, i wish you weren't my sister". He shouted. My hands went to my head to massage it lightly. I couldn't deal with loud noises.

"Please just tell me what happened to her". My Uncle looked over to me with disgust as he began to speak.

"Want to know what happened, okay i'll tell you. I took your Auntie out, thought it would be a nice treat for her. Took her to a posh restaurant, everything was fine until i bought up the subject of you. I had applied you to go to a boarding school in London. Thought you could do with learning some discipline. You got accepted, however your Auntie was not on board with my idea. We ended up having a row over it. She walked out to find a mugger. Asked for her wallet, but she refused. So you know what he does, he shoots her".

Small tears had finally left my eyes. They where arguing because of me. If i had been good they wouldn't have had that argument. Then Auntie wouldn't have got shot. Uncle was right, this really was my fault.

"I'm so sorry, i'll be good from now on, i will do whatever you say". I begged for my uncles forgiveness.

"Fine then get out my house, i never want to see your face again". He's really kicking me out. Where the hell am i supposed to stay. I was willing to do what he asked though. Iv'e caused him enough trouble. I nodded my head.