Threatens

Aurelia
I opened the first photo album. It's from Willow's first birthday party. While I'm standing at the side smiling at her, mum is holding her hand cutting the cake. There is another picture where there is a pretty bow in my hair and Willow is also trying to tie the same thing. Another picture has Willow applying lipstick on her face while I sit on the side with a booklet. One has Willow in a pretty, pink lace dress while I am wearing a plain, cotton one. I wipe my tears.

Seeing Willow like that had scared me out of my wits. I had never been more frightened in my life. Hearing my screams, mom and dad had immediately been alerted and they had called the hospital. The ambulance arrived and all of them went to the hospital. No one had noticed me crouching in the corner, shivering and shaking with tears. I hadn't even been able to call Blake so dad had called him. Blake was already present in the hospital.

I remember the last moment with Willow. We had fought. I had been so, so stupid. What if that was our last moment together, ever? My breathe hitched at the thought. I don't want to lose her. If I ever get the chance, I'd spend my entire lifetime with her again. I'd give up anything, anything to have her here with me again.

Her stupidity. Her fashion sense. Her laughter. Her snaps. Her words. Her hugs. God, I miss you Willow. I never thought that I'd miss you so much. Our childhood memories are haunting me. If I lose her, I won't ever be able to forgive myself. I had wiped her blood with shaking hands. Seeing her there, so lifeless, so lost, I thought I'd never see her again. I'm just waiting for a call. A call that will hopefully come. A call where someone will say- Aurelia, Willow is fine. Everything is okay. She's calling you. She still loves you.

I wipe my eye as I sit in the corner of my room. Where will she go after getting upset with me? It was apparent Willow had attempted suicide. And all the evidence, it was because of me. It was very clear that this was because of our fight which happened.

What will mum and dad say? Mum will lose the child she's loved so much. I won't ever be enough to fulfill Willow's absence. And what about me? I don't want my Low to be a memory, I want her to be my present and my future. It's funny how we never realize the value of a person until we lose them. Till now, I only talked about her bitchiness and her mean comments, now I remember her sweetness and her childish quality. I look at her picture up on the wall. Don't leave me Willow, I'll only be left with a void no one can fill, a regret no one can remove and a hole in the place of my thudding heart.

Just on cue, Blake calls and I scamper to pick up my phone.
"Hello. Hello? Blake? Baby, what happened? Is everyt-" I rush out and he speaks.
"Auri? Honey? Everything is alright here. Willow wants to meet you, in fact. She is out of danger now. Don't worry, just come over in your car." He says and tears flow out of my eyes as I lie down on the floor thanking God with every breathe of mine.

"I'm so glad Blake, I'm so glad. You didn't know how scared I was." I break into sobs and Blake comforts me from the other side.
"Shh. Be strong. Just come over. She wants to talk to you."
I smile through my tears. "Me? Really? She wants to speak to me?"
"Yes honey, come quickly. I'm here, your family, everyone is here. Don't be alone, be brave and come soon. I love you."

I get in my car and drive frantically. Reaching the hospital, I hop out of the car and run up to the lift. When I see it is still on the top floor, I climb the stairs up to the fourth level and when I spot Blake, I fall into his arms.
He holds me while I cry, an action that feels so repetitive.

"Go on in the room now, Willow is waiting for you." I nod and walk inside. Dad gives me a supporting smile while mum isn't even looking at me.
I brace myself and go inside. Willow is lying still on her bed, her right hand heavily bandaged while she stares upwards. She looks so angelic, I want to hold her and never let her go.

"Willow." I softly say and she looks at me. I pad towards her an hold her left hand.
"I'm so glad you're still here. Why did you do this? Why did you have to punish me like that?" I say as I swueeze her hand.

She turns her head to look at me.
"Aurelia, you love Blake, don't you?"
I narrow my eyes. Where did that come from?
"Yes. But what do you want to say?" I ask.
"Do you love me?" She asks, completely ignoring my previous question.
"Of course. A lot." I assure her.

"Leave Blake for me Aurelia. Give him to me." She pleads.
I stagger back. "What? Is this some sick joke Willow?"
"I'm serious Lia. Please convince Blake to be mine." She repeats.
"No. That's not happening. He isn't some object. We're together. I just can't hand him over. Sorry Willow, I can't do that."
"Think over it Aurelia. I won't hesitate before taking my life again. And the next time, I might succeed. Only because of you." She mechanically says and I gasp for air, feeling claustrophobic.

"You aren't serious Willow!" I whisper.
"I am. Wanna see me pull out the glucose needle and stab myself with it continuously? Take excessive pills?" She challenges and I hold her.
"No, don't do that. Give me a moment." I run our of the room and Blake catches me as he sees me.

"What happe-" he asks but I pull him along with me to the side.
As we reach a secluded corner, he waits for me to explain.

"Blake, we need to break up. You have to go to Willow." I blurt out.