The ex boyfriend

Blake
As I walk downstairs, I see Willow sitting on the couch. Aurelia has already gone to sleep. I myself had put the blanket across her. As much as I wanted to curl up next to her and sleep, I didn't want to cross any boundaries. God, I sound like such a puss.

"Blake." Willow calls out when I'm near the door.
"Yes." I ask, my thoughts wondering.
"Answer this honestly, I don't mean to pry, but do you like Aurelia?" She asks, the blues of her eyes penetrating into mine.

"What do you mean by like? If I didn't like her, she wouldn't have been my friend."
Her eyes widen but then she realizes what I meant to say.
"Don't fool around Blake. Do you have any romantic feelings towards her?" She asks.
"No. And I'd like to leave. Bye." I say without a moment's hesitation and Willow seems satisfied by my response since she smiles.

I get inside my car and leave the house, confused and...scared.

Willow
I can't deny this, I strongly feel that Blake likes Aurelia. Or more importantly, that the feelings are mutual. I don't necessarily feel anything but it's all visible in the way he looks at her. I wish he'd look the same way at me.

But then again, there is nothing between Blake and Lia. They're friends. Blake has to like me, we're the kind of people meant for each other. I almost seethe. What was that? Calm down Willow, Blake is going to come to you anyways.

I tiptoe to my bed next to Aurelia's and lie. Before sleeping, there is something I have to do. I delete all of Max's pictures, memories that had been haunting me since a long time.

I had met Max for the first time during a Justin Beiber concert. He was in the school next to our's. We were fourteen then, Aurelia met Steve around the same time when she was fifteen. It's been two years now. Max had spotted me within the crowd and walked over the moment our eyes met. He bowled me with his charms, amazed me with his personality. I was his. We started dating and lasted two months until he started pressurizing me.

Pressurized me to get physical with him. We kissed, even made out till an extent. But he wanted more. I obviously wasn't ready. Max was older to me by two years and he had many female friends. I felt threatened, like I had to give in to his demands or else he'd find someone else, like he probably would have.

So I took the next big step. I sent him pictures of mine. Private, personal pictures. I succumbed to the pressure and gave in. The pictures I sent had me in my underwear, covered up atleast a bit. That was my biggest mistake. I love myself, but after that, I loathed myself. I felt stripped off of my dignity, of my respect. What was even left of me?

He saw the pictures, there were around four. And he told everyone. He didn't show them, nor did he leak the photos, he had that much of compassion for me, but the news spread like wildfire. And that was when Lia had stepped in. She had successfully warded off anyone who would have dared to say anything to me. Only because of a sister like Aurelia, I was able to swim past the rumours. But things were never the same again.

I never saw Max after that. This year, he might be in college but even in the past two years, we never met each other. I ditched my little girl image and became the hottest, boldest girl of my school. I kept climbing up the popularity ladder, until everyone had dismissed that case as a rumour. They wouldn't even dare cross my path. It's true, the world forgets your past if you establish yourself anew.

Max had told me how he didn't like my body. How it wasn't curvy enough or how my stomach wasn't toned. And I had made sure to join ths gym, now having the most envious body in the entire batch.

Sure, the guy wronged me. But that didn't stop me from loving him. People do you wrong, they hurt you, but most of all, the ones you love hurt you the most. You give them that power after all. That's the scariest part about being in love. You just hand over your life to that person and hope that they won't let you down. And that hope keeps you going. Nothing else.

I didn't have a relationship after Max. There were guys, but they were only flings. They weren't actual relationships. But then Blake came. I don't even know him. But the way he cares, loves and this crazy attraction between us, all of it draws me to him.

I sleep tight, hoping to meet him tomorrow.

Aurelia
I walk along the school corridors the next day. Rubbing my eyes, I try to avoid Blake. I don't want to see him at any cost.

I've made my decision, no matter what happens. I have to stay away from him. No matter how I feel, he isn't the guy for me. Willo has finally decided to let go of Max and found love in Blake, how can I not respect that? She's my sister, I won't let a boy come on between us. I've always given her all that she wants. Why hesitate now?

"Hey Aurelia." I hear a silky voice behind me.
"Hey Elise. It's been long." I say as she hugs me. Remember Elise Grey from Willow's birthday party, the perfect girl? Yeah, the same.

"Yeah, so how are things with Blake?" She asks as we walk towards the common class we have today, Biology. "I don't get you, the friendship, yeah we're good." I say, confused.

"You're dating him, aren't you?" She asks.
"Haha no, but he and Willow might be a thing soon." Now why did I blurt that out? First, there's no guarantee that they might actually date and second, now that Elise knows, Raymond her boyfriend will know too and then the news will spread like wildfire.

Elise gives me a knowing smile and walks off towards the last bench while I plop down on the first thinking of just how badly I might have messed up.