The game

Blake
I was getting increasingly annoyed, because not only was Willow literally climbing on top of me, but Aurelia was also ignoring me. First she didn't greet me when I entered, she left me behind with her sister to make some popcorn and now she was ignoring me like plague. What had suddenly got into her?

And Willow, she's literally stuck to me. I don't think she likes me because the way she leans against me, giggles and makes flirty moves, I've seen her do the same to a lot of guys. So I guess it's in her nature. My main concern is however Aurelia, she does look at me but wavers her gaze away the moment her eyes meet mine. As Willow leans in her head further in my shoulder, I find myself repelling the strawberry shampoo she uses. Instead I want to take in the familar scent of honey and coffee shampoo. Coconut as well.

"Willow." I whisper. She looks up and peers at me from below her lashes. I have to admit, she's very pretty but not what I'm looking for. After all, looks can only arouse desire, never love.
"Can you please move a bit there?" I ask her softly. Aurelia has meanwhile escaped to her bedroom.
"Of course." She winks and sits up while I immediately feel relief flood through me.

I excuse myself and get up and go towards Aurelia's bedroom. I knock twice on the wooden door which has 'Expert on Work' written on a board outside it. I smile and she opens the door the next moment. She looks weary and frustated.

"Why are you ignoring me?" I decide to come straight to the point.
"I'm not ignoring you." She narrows her eyes in the adorable way she does.
"Yes you are. Don't deny it." I say as I lean in dangerously close to her and she gulps.
"Blake please, I'm just worried due to some school work, it might seem like I'm ignoring you but I'm just busy. I think you should go and spend time with Willow."
"I don't want to. I came here to meet you."
"She's my sister. You can befriend her as well."
"Auri please don't be difficult."
She sighs as she pinches the bridge of her nose.

"Come we'll go downstairs." She says and I lead the way to her in her own house."
When we reach down, Willow has shut off the television and is sitting there looking bored. Upon seeing us, she jumps in her place and gestures us over. I look at Aurelia who's smiling at her sister. She loves her, I wish she would give the same smile to me.

"Let's play 'would you rather'." She says and Auri nods while I shrug. She starts off excitedly.
"Okay Lia, this one's for you. Would you rather be dumb and beautiful or ugly and intelligent?" She asks. I already know her answer.
"Intelligent and ugly." She shrugs. "Okay Willow, would you rather choose career or love?" She asks. So now she won't ask questions to me. Great. Being ignored feels so good.
"Love all the way." Willow sings and then turns to smile at me. I wonder if flirtatious is her style.
"Blake, would you rather be with Aurelia or with me?" She asks while wiggling her eyebrows.
"That's easy. Auri." I say nonchalantly. I see some of the colour drain from Willow's face and Aurelia stiffen beside me. Weren't we supposed to be honest here?

Willow however gains her composure and winks at me. "Looks like you have a crush on Aurelia."
"Willow stop speaking shit." Aurelia hisses from beside me.
Before I can say anything, she has got up and stormed off towards the balcony.

I want to scream my head out but instead I just helplessly look at Willow. She holds my arm and rubs it.
"She's probably having her cycle."
I give her a flat look. I don't think you should talk to guys about your sister's monthly cycle. I roll my eyes and instead ask her,"Shouldn't we run after her to console her?"
To be honest, Auri kind of scares me. Smart and independent girls like her tend to do that to you. She definitely isn't the type of girl who needs someone to run after her while she is crying or angry. She'll sort out her emotions and come back to you stronger than before. But at times like these, when she just snaps, I have to be there to hold her.

"She'll come around. Just chill Blake. I know you don't have any romantic feelings towards Lia. I was just teasing." Willow says as she cocks her head to the side and studies me with her blue eyes.
"Willow I'll just check on her. Wait here." I say and I turn to get up.
She holds my hand. "No you wait." She whispers. I look at her holding my hand. I gently pry my hand away from her's when she gets up. She stands in front of me and looks at me in my eyes.

I want to move away but I feel like she's going to say something. Instead, she just wraps her arms around me and places her head on my chest. I stiffen and my arms hang loosely besides me body.
"Thanks Blake. You've been an amazing friend to us."
"Huh."
She laughs. "You're so clueless." She faces me again. "Go get Aurelia now."

I don't understand her reaction but then she just walks away and settles back onto the couch. My feet find themselves and I go to find Aurelia.
I see her sitting in the back lawn, the same place where I talked to her on the day of Willow's birthday party. It seems like so long ago, it feels like I've known her since ages.

"Auri."
She momentarily shakes up and after a few seconds, whispers,"Blake."
"Can I come there?"
"Do you need to ask?" Her voice comes all raspy.

I go towards her. No, you don't take permissions when you're in love.