The book exhibition

Aurelia
"Teen fiction is for teens." I say as we scan the books in the exhibition. It's impressive, there is a vast repertoire of books here to choose from. Blake is loitering around the Fiction section while I look at the books in the Non-fiction one.

"Aren't we teens?" He says from the opposite side. I can't see him but we're talking to each other over the tall shelves.

"Yes we are on the verge of adulthood. But it's so distant from reality. It's stupid how we read about things that won't probably happen to us."
"But isn't that what we read for? To escape reality? You need to escape to a wonderland at times too Auri."
"I didn't know you read, fiction or non fiction."
"There's a reason why we're here, isn't there?"

I round the book shelf and come face to face with him. In my hands are six books which come up to my chin. He looks amused as I walk up to him.
"French Revolution, American history, the laws of Newton, seriously Aurelia, is this all you're going to read?"
"I told you I don't entertain fiction."
He takes the books and keeps them back to it's place. I watch with my face contorted in annoyance but intrigue as well as he places the books.

"What was that Blake?" I ask.
"You're going to read fiction." He says as we move towards the cashier and pay the money. I keep watching as he pays and hands over some books to me. "This is your birthday gift from my side. You said that your birthday happened in the summer right? I wasn't there in your life then, but take this gift now." He says.

"Thanks for the gift, but I already told you I don't read fiction." I scowl.
"Read it. For me, atleast once. It has different types of books, but all of them are fictional. Read it, and then tell me."
"I won't read it." I say as I cross my arms over my chest.

"I challenge you Aurelia Ellingson."
"Okay doing it." He knew I take challenges very seriously. Like really, it's my motivation. You say I can't do something and the next moment, I'll do it and throw it in your face.

We moved out in the parking lot. It was almost 5 o'clock in the evening.
"I'm hungry Agron."
"So am I Auri."
We sit in the car and he starts driving. For the rest of the journey, I play Taylor Swift songs and annoy the crap out of him. One hour later, we stop in front of a Burger King.

"Oh thank you Blake, for getting me to this place. I love love love it." I say.
"I love it too." He smiles and says as he ushers me in. We give our orders and sit back in our booth.
"Why do you want me to read fiction so bad?" I ask.

"You ask too many questions." He says as he removes his jacket and places it behind the chair. I watch as his muscles flex and his nerves twitch. Wonderful sight.
"So will reading those books cure me of my inquisitiveness?" I ask.
He laughs as he keeps his hands on his table. "You need to get a taste of everything Auri. Have you even looked at the dark circles beneath your eyes? You're constantly under so much of stress and you're already so worldly, change is good."
I touch the patches under my eyes. Damn you dark circles.

"No I didn't mean to say they make you look ugly. They're just an indicator of stress. You need to chill out. Have a drink, run till you're out of breathe, bunk a class at times, dream, laugh openly, just don't bind yourself." He says just as the man at the counter signals us that the food is ready.
I think about it. Maybe I do need to relax.

We eat the rest of our food and it's almost sunset when we go out to the car once again.
"Do you love beaches?" I ask absent mindedly as I stare out of the window.
"I love them. Close your eyes Aurelia."
"Why?"
"You started with your questions again?"
"Hmm okay."
And before I know it, I've dozed off.

"Auri. Wake up sleepyhead, we're at the beach." I slowly open my eyes to see Blake staring at me with a twinkle in his eyes.

"How long did I sleep?" I ask as I slowly open my eyes.

"One and a half hour. Now come out." He gets down and slams the door shut. It feels like ages. I notice that the seat has been pulled back and a seat belt has been pulled across me. I imagine the scenario in my head when he must have leaned over to put the belt on me. I blush. I see him standing on the next side of the door waiting for me. I adjust myself and get down.

I take my boots off and walk with him towards the beach. The sand feels soft under my legs and the wind is blowing passionately, sending the waves bouncing about. The full moon casts glorious light on the setting and I suck in a breathe at the beauty.

"This is beautiful." I say to Blake who has sat down on the sand facing the waters, he taps the place next to him, gesturing me to sit.

"Yes it is lovely." He quietly agrees.
"You know Auri, you shouldn't apply make up."
I turn to face him. "Do I look bad?"
"Haha no. It's just that your natural lip and skin colour is very attractive, don't do anything on it. This look hides your innocent face." He says.

"I won't do it anymore." I silently agree. I don't know what for. Anything he says, I agree without a doubt. Am I losing my element? Moreover, over a guy. He just isn't any guy Aurelia. You like him. I gulp. Like he could hear to my heart's wild whispers.
"Blake."
"Yes."
"Today was great. Thank you for taking me out."
"Stop thanking me. You liked it, it's more than enough for me."
"Why so much of importance?"
"You're special."
I blinked. "What?"
"You're a special friend." He says hastily.
Right, friends is all we'll ever be.