Museum visit

Aurelia
I pick up my bag as I walk towards the door. When I step outside, Willow looks up from her magazine and stares at me slack jawed.
"Aurelia what has happened to you?" She asks.
"Close your mouth, a fly might get in."
I say.
She scowls at me but recovers quickly. "No seriously, you look hot. Where are you going?"
"Just outside with a friend."
"And who is this friend?" She asks as she stands up and keeps her hand on her hips. I'm about to think how to answer to that when her iPhone rings and she jumps to pick it up. She starts talking to Jess and I sigh. Of course, I don't need to hide the fact that I am going out with Blake from Willow, but once she'll come to know, she won't stop teasing me about it.

I turn to look at myself in the mirror for one last time. I'm wearing skin tight black jeans paired with ankle length boots. With that I'm wearing a red top paired with a necklace. There's also a black leather jacket with bracelets in the hands. My blonde hair is left open, red lipstick adorns my lips and bright red is painted on my nails. The eyes have been given a smoky look with the eyeliner and mascara which has been concealed with black shades. Now don't ask me how I did my make up and all. I'm not exactly just a 'nerd', like people prefer to call me. I know how to dress up and carry myself, it's a different thing that I don't really do that.

I go down to see Blake leaning across the bonnet of the car. Sigh. Such good looks. His hair shines in the sunlight and when he turns to look at me, I almost melt into a heap on the floor. I remove my shades and look into his eyes. He cocks his head to one side and surveys me from top to bottom.
"You look different." He says as he regards me.
"Let's just say that I dressed up." I shrug.
"You look really good." He smiles. I almost die. He opens the door for me and I sit in the seat. He settles down next to me and starts the car.

"The first stop will be the museum, then the exhibition and we'll go to the beach while coming back." He says as I scroll through the playlist. A soft toy keychain is hanging by the mirror on the front.

"Blake I didn't know that you were fond of little toys." I say while poking the teddy.
"It was a gift from my mom." He says, his voice void of any emotion. Oh. I'm such a klutz. Obviously I had to mention that. To remind him of his mom. The tension in the packed car increases and I want to slap myself. Instead I reach forward and grip his hand over the steering wheel. The mood instantly changes and I feel Blake's jaw lock. I blush furiously and he continues staring straight ahead. His breathes respond to my touch as they elevate. I feel happier already. I skip some more channels when the songs stops to Love Story by Taylor Swift. I don't change the station and hum along with the tune. Blake looks at me from the corner of his eye.

"You like this song?" He asks.
"Oh yes I do. Don't you?"
"Nah."
"Do you want me to change it?"
"No keep it on."
"You secretly like it, am I right? Come on Blake, life is too short to pretend that you don't like catchy Taylor Swift songs."
This time he laughs.

• • •

We hop down in front of the museum and stand in the queue. He takes the tickets while I look around at couples writing their names on something which is called the 'love wall'. Stupidity.
"What are you looking at?" Blake asks as he comes with the tickets to me.
"People with hopes of staying together forever." I say.
"What's wrong with hoping to be in love till the end of time?" He asks as we go inside the gate.
"It's not wrong. It's just really...hopeless. Love doesn't stay forever. What is the guarantee that you'll meet one person and they'll stay with you?" I say.
"That's what love is for right? It's like you pick one person and decide that you'll let them ruin your life forever."

I smiles at that. We came across a humongous dinosaur skeleton.
"Now look at that. It used to be the most fearful animal of it's time. What did it end up like? We all come to an end, so what's the arrogance for?" I say as he walks beside me clicking pictures with his iPhone camera.
"Okay so we're being philosophical here, aren't we?" He smirks.
"Just stating the obvious."
"But we definitely need a picture with this dinosaur." He says as he pulls me towards him. He turns on his front camera and he keeps a hand around my neck and I lean in towards him. With the sudden display of affection, I look at him and that's how the picture comes out.

"Show it to me." I say.
"Not happening." He says as he holds the phone above his head and I jump to get it. I'm not that short, but Blake still manages to hold it above me.
"Oh chuck it. I'm going further anyways. Catch me if you can." I say and walk off into the cave where the transformation of man from a monkey is shown with the help of statues and stuff like that.

He catches up with me with his long strides and walks beside me. I look at the set ups created. The statue of the man is naked. "Oh god, they could have given him some clothes." I mutter as I avert my gaze from him.

"Ahem. Checking out men suits you Auri." Blake says from beside me. I punch him on his arm and continue. We explore the museum like that, having fun and absolute meaningless conversations, which somehow hold all the meaning in the world for me.

___________________________

Yes I'm back :) The writer's block was a tough one, but now I've come over it full fledgedly. Please please vote and comment. Also, SAM will now be found in the ChickLit category. Since Always is in TeenFiction and Always 2 is in Romance, I put this in a different one. I somehow want to try all the categories on Wattpad.
Don't forget to vote and comment.
Much love and God bless. :)