A new relationship

Aurelia
I look up at him, my mouth agape. He's just said all those words I've always wanted to hear but never really expected to listen. And here they were, tumbling out of the mouth of the boy I adored.

"Now please don't run away." He says.
I smile. I can't help it. And then the smile turns to a full grin. I'm so damn happy.
"I won't. S- So am I girl whom you like?" I ask.
"Like? Oh it's much more than that." He laughs, a throaty voice which calms me as it rings through the empty park.
"So what do you feel about this?" He asks.

I take in a deep breathe. Now is the time. "I like you too. More than Steve, more than anyone else, more than myself."
He grins and I almost melt into a puddle in the lake.
"What about Willow?" I ask as I play with my fingers. I know her topic will annoy him.

The gorgeous smile on his face fades away to a frown.
"What about her?"
"She likes you too, you're aware of that."
"Yeah so?"
"Blake you aren't getting this! She's on the verge of falling for you, she's mad behind you! She told me to somehow set her up with you but now since we're together, she won't take the news nicely. She's my sister, I know." I blabber.

"Exactly. She's your sister. Tell her to buckle up and face the truth. Now she can also do for you what you did for her, can't she? I'm not giving up on you, on us because of this lame excuse, I've been waiting for long to see this happen." He says and my heart swells. Maybe his feelings date long back before mine began.

"I'll not tell this to her, when she'll know, I'll explain."
"Why are you so scared of her Auri?"
"I'm not."
"Yes you are. Didn't you learn already that you can't hide things from me?"
"She intimidates me. She goes out of line to get the things she wants, she's persistent and she always gets what she wants."

"I'm not a thing. In case, the two of you forgot." He glances at me.
"I know. I know." I hold in a smile. Despite all of the obstacles, we'll make it. I hope.

His righ hand creeps towards mine and I move my left hand towards his. As his fingers touch mine, my heart flutters at the start of a new relationship.

• • •

Blake holds the car door open as I get in. Once I'm settled, I look up at him.
"Agron I'm an independent woman, I don't need you pampering me, really."
"Who said that independent women don't need some love and care?" He says as he grins down at me. This gorgeous, amazing boy, he likes me.

I smile up at him and he smiles back before frowning.
"Will Willow deal with this properly? Do you want me to explain things to her?" He asks.
"No, it's okay. The next time you come, we'll tell her, not today, is that fine?"
He sighs exasperatedly. "Aurel-"
"Blake please. Let her know about this naturally. Trust me, I don't want to push this into her face. Let things work out on their own."
He thinks. "Probably right."

I give him another smile before he leans away and I start the car. I drive away, all the while staring at him through the rear view mirror who watches at me until I turn away into the street.

I reach home and place my bag back in the bedroom.
"Where were you Aurelia?" Willow asks when I walk into the living room. She just came out of the washroom so she's noticing me now.
"I waited back at school for thirty minutes for some work." I don't meet her eyes as I take out a bottle of water from the fridge and drink it.

"You look different. Like you just got your face sucked or something." She says from behind me and I choke on the water. I start coughing manically and Willow calls out from behind,"Are you okay Lia?"
Instead of however answering her question, I turn back and ask,"What do you mean?"
"You just look so flushed, and you have that smile and twinkle in your eye like you're in love. Like you had during your relationship with Steve." She says as she plops down on the couch.

Is it that obvious? "Nah, I'm just feeling a bit hot, that's it." I rub my back in an attempt to calm my nerves.
"You're feeling hot at the end of September?" She asks dryly and I almost slap my head.
"Will you let me be Low?" I say and she rolls her eyes at me. I sit down next to her as she puts on MTV where songs are playing.

"I have a fashion show in the first week of October. You're coming for that."
"I'll see."
"That wasn't a question but a command."
"I'll come Low. Happy?"
"You have to bring Blake along too."
My heart does an abrupt flip at that and I feel uncomfortable. Should I tell her that he is my boyfriend now? And that she really needs to look at him like a brother?

"Sure." is what I find myself muttering instead. Blake will hate it if I tag him along on the insistence of Willow. I'll convince him somehow.
"I love you. Now please explain me the seventh chapter of Algebra. It's fucking up with my head." She says as she mutes the TV. Why doesn't she simply switch it off?

"Get your book."
As she walks towards the stairs to get her bag, my phone pings.

I miss you already. -B

I smile like a fool when I see the message. I do feel different. Special, loved and most importantly, like I have a reason to live. Someone to go to, someone to give my time to and someone who'll wait for me till the end of time.