Coming over

Aurelia
I sit on the couch reading fiction like Blake told me. And I hate to admit, but what he said was true. It takes my mind off my dull life and transports me to some magical land in the clouds. Okay exaggeration, but now you know how airy I'm getting while reading scenes which are never going to happen with my life.

My phone rings and I lazily check who it is.

Blake *_*

Stop thumping you stupid heart, that boy can't be yours.

I pick up my phone and place it to my ear. "Yes Agron."
"I'm coming over."
"Oh come. But why, all of a sudden?"
"Dad isn't home, and I'm bored as fuck. Not to mention, it's been a week since we've met."

Yes, I had been avoiding him. I needed to clear my head and sort out my fucked up feelings. And all sense vanishes when I'm around him, so I had to be away. But now when I hear his voice, I realize what a fool I had been.

"...Auri? Are you there?"
"Yes I am. Come quickly."
"Yes I'm on my way."

I quickly shut my phone down and look over at Willow who's filing her nails. "Oh, so Blake is coming here?" She asks.
"Yes, he'll be here in five minutes or so." I say, without another expression.
"Oh my god oh my god!" Willow shrieks and runs off to her room. I just stare blankly after her. She comes down after a minute with gloss applied and hair combed over. I don't see the difference, she still looks the same.

After five minutes, the bell rings and Willow looks at me. "Can I open the door?" She asks.
I shrug. My mood is really fucked up. First, a crush I didn't want and now the crush converting into love. Heck, I didn't want all this.

She bounces up and opens the door. Even our parents are out so we have the house to ourselves. I don't want a love triangle now.

Blake enters and I turn around to see Willow greeting him happily. He has a small smile on his face as he looks around the house, and when his gaze settles on me, I think my heart might just burst. He comes in and sits next to me as Willow shuts the door behind him.

"Hello Auri." He taps my head.
"Hey Blake." I say without a smile. Remember I said my mood is fucked up? It still is, and Blake's arrival causes it to get even more fucked up, because he keeps reminding me of what I can't have. And I have a habit of getting what I want, by hook or by crook.
"Why are you so down today?"
"Because I'm not up."
"Sick. But seriously, what's wrong?"
"Oh nothing's wrong. She's just been dull like this since morning." Willow says as she sits on the couch besides Blake, leaving him to sit in between us. Literally.

"Oh but Auri is never dull, is she?" He says as he looks at me and I feel Willow's gaze burning through us, which keeps reminding me that I have to control my feelings for Blake.
"You two talk while I go to the kitchen and make something." I mutter and think of what I should make for them, and all that time, I feel Blake's gaze on my retreating back.

Willow
I place my hand casually on Blake's thigh as he stares straight ahead at the television switched on.

"Don't be bothered by Aurelia's behaviour. She can be moody at times." I assure him, though I'm slightly edged at how concerned he is about her. He looks at my hand on his thigh but makes no effort to remove it.

"No, I'm not offended, I'm just worried about her. She's always so sassy and fiery, it's wierd to see her like this." He says and then looks at me finally. I stare back and my gaze drops to his lips. Wow. And then I raise my eyes to meet his again. His green eyes, as lush as the colour of freshly cut grass in spring.

He tears away his gaze first and coughs. I almost hold back a giggle. Now, I've been dropping hints to him, I hope he catches them. And from what vibes I'm getting from him, it seems like he might like me too.

Aurelia emerges from the kitchen carrying a bowl of popcorn. She stops when her gaze drops to my hand on Blake's thighs but she doesn't let her hesitation be known as she smiles and sits next to us.

"Willow put on some good movie, these chick flicks are getting too boring." She says as she keeps the bowl in front of us.

"This popcorn tastes different." Blake says as he eats one. I know what might be different. Lia has this recipe where she mixes cheese, red chilli flakes and brown salt together and grinds it into a powder and what turns out is an amazing never-tasted-before popcorn. But of course, only Lia can make it that way.

"Actually this is quite amazing. I've never eaten a flavour like this before." He praises and my face droops. He is probably a foodie and I hate to admit how I can't even brew a proper coffee.

Aurelia must have probably noticed my drooping face when she says,"I made it, but Willow had discovered this recipe, it's her signature flavour." I throw a kiss at her while Blake looks at me in barely concealed surprise. "I didn't know that you're an awesome cook." He says as he eats some more of the popcorn. Aurelia stares at the TV with a blank expression. I smile in glee and scoot closer to him as we all watch the zombie movie playing in front of us. The curtains have been closed and all of us are watching the movie in silence. Aurelia maintains a distance from the two of us, she's a great sister to have.

When the zombie snaps his teeth suddenly on the screen, I jump and hold Blake's arm as I snuggle into him and his fruity scent. He looks down at me but does not reciprocate my action. Lia just looks at us in gaps.

Maybe, an amazing sister and a horror movie is all you need to get a guy.