Chapter 1

Hey there reader! 

A little note about Kissing Cowgirls: This is the rough, unedited version of this story. I don't have any beta readers nor have I uploaded any edits since the time I posted this story. So please excuse any typos or errors you may come across. Other than that little tidbit, please enjoy Kissing Cowgirls. I promise it's a fun and sort of wild ride. 

Until next time,

Devixx

~___~

Rily

I took a sip of the lukewarm beer that was handed to me the moment I walked into the party. My best friend Kevin bumped into my shoulder, sending me a shit-eatin' grin as he took off into the party. Probably looking for some women to chat with.

I took a glance around the party, which was still filling up as the night progressed. People backed up their jacked-up trucks around the bonfire so there were plenty of places to sit. I took another sip of my beer as I walked around the fire. I inwardly sighed as I watched the fire grow to an almost dangerous height as fuel was added.

As one of the few openly gay women in my small town, it was a lonely time for me usually. The other two that were open about their sexuality, were a lot like me actually. While I wasn't super masculine, I was definitely not a feminine little cowgirl. I worked hard, just like the boys. I could be typically found in a pair of worn blue jeans, my black cowboy boots, either a T-shirt or something flannel, and of course my black cowboy hat. Can't forget that.

My hair was pretty short, but still kinda shaggy on top. My features weren't very masculine, a sharp jawline, light blue eyes, high cheekbones, and a good tan from long hours working in the sun. When I had my long hair back in the day, I was told I was quite good looking but these days I'm just me. The other two queer women in my town were actually more masculine than myself.

My thoughts were cut short by my friend, one of the women I was actually thinking about. I looked over to see Meg, her beer in one hand while the other hand was tucked in her left pocket.

"What are you doin' space cadet?" Meg's Southern accent was super thick when she started drinking.

I rolled my eyes, "Don't call me that. I'm just watching the fire, what does it look like?" I grinned.

Meg laughed, "Well you should start people watchin'. Or at least the ladies. Damn, they are fine tonight!" It was my turn to laugh.

"Too bad most of them don't look twice at us then, huh?" Meg's eyes darkened for a moment but then she perked right back up.

"Let's not get into that Rily right now. On a good note though, it's not just the locals. This party is our group and some people from the town over. There are gonna be new girls here tonight. So keep your eyes out, you never know." She winked and walked off, waving at someone in the distance as she left.

I turned around at her words and took in the crowd, finally noting the different faces in the crowd. So Meg was right; a mixed bunch tonight. I started to turn around when I saw her. I think I stumbled a little as my breath was shot from my chest.

Holy shit.

I looked up, seeing one of the most beautiful girls I've ever seen. Long honey-blond hair, slender with golden tan skin shown off in short jean shorts and a white tank. She was laughing with a group of girls around her. She threw her head back, no reservations, and just laughed. A beautiful sound that traveled in my direction. I gasped for air and stood up straight. I was captured by her. I just wanted to hear her voice and see the color of her eyes.