I heard some girls in the crowd, but none of their voices were the one I hoped to hear, so I didn't pay them any attention. Believe it or not, I never really played into it, because most of the time it leads to a big ass headache.

"It's go time!" My teammate Darrel shouted getting all of our attention.

I jumped up and followed behind my team so we could start shooting. The ref blowed the whistle and I seen the cheerleaders had gotten up and started cheering to amp up the crowd. I quickly averted my eyes. Last thing I wanted was Tracey to look at me or even assume I looking in her direction.

Roddy Rich's Boom Boom Room blared from the gyms speakers. The crowd cheered as we all ran out onto the court in unison and started shooting.

Tre randomly passed the ball back to me, when my back was turned. I guess his overall goal was to catch me off guard, but I already anticipated it I caught it. "Nice try." I remarked chuckling at the look on his face.

"I still don't know you do that shit! But I just wanted to see if was prepared to play you seem like you got your mind on other things." Tre said with a cheeky grin, dribbling the ball.

I aimlessly twirled the ball around on my fingertips before starting to dribbling. "I have no idea what you talking about."

He smacked his lips and made a face at me, "Nigga that's cap. "

I smirked .

"The only person who don't know you after Zaria, is her, cuz she in denial." Dev said shooting a three making the crowd cheer.

"I know." I said just as we got back in line about to run the Pressure drill. Realizing we were minutes away from the staring buzzer, I zoned out.

I was so focused and consumed with my thoughts, that I didn't happen to noticed Tre and Dev tryna get my attention .

"Huh? " I asked , brows creased in confusion.

Tre and Dev looked at each other, smiling hard as hell. "Someone here to see you." They said simply, motioning towards the bleachers.

I looked up at the bleachers confused, I saw a whole bunch of girls, but once my eyes traveled to the middle of row of bleachers, I saw Candy and Stacey laughing and talking with to someone. Narrowing my eyes, I instantly recognized who it was. A big smile stretched across my face. I guess my begging paid off, because she actually showed up.

Taking her in, I recognized how happy I was to see her. I flashed her a smile, and she gave me a small, nervous smile in return. Then, she put her two thumbs up mouthing "Good Luck." I gave her two thumbs up back making her blush.

Shaking my head, I focused my mind back on the court. I was next up to do the drill. After my this dude named Aiden made his shot, I took off behind him. I got passed the ball, and I drove it to the basket dunking.

"Nice shot Mills." My coach said nodding in approval.

My team was going crazy. "Sheesh! Imma need you to be on your bully this entire game." Dev said dapping me up.

"I always bring energy, fuck you mean?" I said.

"Get changed and come huddle up." Coach yelled.

When the buzzer rang out, we all ran to the bench and took off our shooting shirts. The crowd was roaring with anticipation, but some the girls all watched as we changed. It never failed, anytime we had to remove the shirt, I felt several pair of eyes on me. But this time, I caught Zaria was too. That definitely couldn't go unnoticed.

Huddling up by coach, we went over our first play. I was on starting line up and Tre would the player to tip off.

After coach talked to us briefly and called out his starters. We all huddled up again and hyped eachother up.