Return To The BadLands

The warrior swept across the land. No. Swept was too broad of a word. He rolled. Yes, he rolled across the land, the map unfolding beneath him as he traveled. 

While this was a road he had traveled many times before, it was still one to be feared. For many things of evil happened along this road. This was a place of danger and a place of death. One inhabited by only the corpses, those soon to be, and strangers.

Now approaching the stone structure before him, the warrior did his best to look as strong and unbeatable as possible. This was certainly not the place to show such weakness. For among him were strangers with the same mission as he.

He rolled in and casually waited there, careful not to make eye contact with any other of the fighters, warriors, and those of strong among him. They all were in understanding of one another, knowing they were all fighting against the same evils  and were all here for the same reasons.

One almost felt pity for the others but before you could approach them it was time to leave. Yes, from here one would begin his return to the BadLands, the first process being to follow the servants to the room of fortune.

From here one waited, just as the brave warrior was now, for the Oracle to join them in this barren room of fortune. The warrior waited anxiously, feeling more fear than he ever had in all of his life for what was soon to come. 

It was then that the Oracle entered the room, scroll in hand, ready to read to him his prophecy of what was to become of him. The warrior hoped for good news, for all he wanted was to leave these BadLands and return to his land where he could retire from his fighting position. But he was somberly aware that more often than not, these prophecies did not end so happily.

The warrior looked up at the cloaked Oracle and waited for his prophecy to be read...

"I'm sorry to be the one to inform you Mr. Jones but it appears that the Cancer has successfully spread to your stomach and kidneys despite our best treatments. Regrettably, I must inform you that it appears it will be terminal. I wouldn't expect too much longer." The doctor spoke sadly to the small, defeated- looking man in the wheelchair.

And with that the warrior laid down his swords, and departed...