Chapter 29

The last bell of the day rang loudly making Bella's stomach flutter nervously. She hadn't even been able to concentrate on any of her lessons after lunch, all she could think about was the thought of being alone with Liam in his car. Not only did she have to ride with him alone, but she would also have to spend the whole afternoon alone with him as well! Dismissing her thoughts she quickly shoved her books into her bag and slowly walked out of the classroom.

Everything will be fine she told herself, she would just have to make sure not to make eye contact with him while being in his car and when they get home she will just make up some excuse about the amount of homework she had and lock herself in her room. Yeah that could work she thought as she walked on but quickly stopping in her tracks.

There right in front of her was Liam, leaning with his back against the lockers, his arms crossed and a tiny smirk on his gorgeous face. She had never known anyone to be so handsome, as corny as it sounded, it made her heart skip a beat every time.

"Ready to go Princess?" he asked, using her nickname he had chosen for her. She smiled shyly and nodded her head.

"Come on," he smiled, wrapping his arm around her shoulders as he led her down the hallway. It was times like this that made her nervous to be around him, not that having him close was a bad thing, she loved being in his arms.

As they carried on walking she couldn't avoid the amount of stares she was receiving, she tried not to let it bother her but she couldn't help it, it was. As if he could read her mind, Liam tightened his grip around her and smiled at her reassuringly. Bella smiled back and couldn't help imagining for a second what it would be like if they really were a couple. 

Once they had reached his car Bella felt herself becoming nervous again and she quickly wished she had just asked Sam for a ride home.

"You ok?" 

"Uh, yeah. You know what, I think I'm gonna walk home," she told him, avoiding the curiosity on his face. "All the way home?" he questioned.

"Yeah, it's not that far and you know how I like the snow so...see you later."

"Whoa whoa, what's going on?" he asked, quickly standing in her way. "Nothing," she blurted out. "Bella, I'm not letting you walk home."

"I'll be fine," she tried reassuring him.

"Are we really gonna do this again?" glancing down at her with a half grin. She immediately blushed knowing exactly what he was referring to, the whole reason why she was trying to avoid this. 

"Come on, you can't say no to this car," he said, pretending to be all serious.

"Yeah, I bet you say that to all your girls!"

Bella watched all the amusement drop from Liam's face and immediately wished she could take it back. She meant it more as a joke, so then why did it come out so differently? She quickly moved to open the door on the passenger side of his car but felt Liam grab hold of her arm, gently pulling her back. Now trapped between the car and Liam she felt herself growing nervous again, their bodies so close from touching. 

"Bella, I'm not that kind of guy," he told her. "I have been with a few girls before but, it didn't mean anything."

"Is that what Jennifer means to you?"

"No Bella," he answered straight away, watching her carefully. "She means nothing to me, at all. Not even that."

"Then why are you dating her?" 

When he didn't say anything she tried to move away but he trapped her against the door again.

"I wish I could tell you," he said to her oddly.