Chapter 8

Bella woke up the next morning aching and completely restless, she had another nightmare early hours into the morning and didn't dare attempt to fall back asleep. Having gone through that whole incident with that guy last night hadn't helped anything, it was stupid but, she had to leave her bedroom door open while she slept as she was still a little afraid.

School came and went by pretty slow that day even though it was a half day for some reason, Liam didn't have any classes with her and neither did Scott so she hadn't seen them at all. Bella couldn't wait to get home so she could change into her pajamas and watch tv, luckily there was no school tomorrow so that gave her a long weekend to laze around and do nothing.

When she had arrived home, Bella immediately hopped in the shower enjoying the warmth of the water on her cold skin. When she was done, she changed into her light pink jogging's and a simple white tank top. Wrapping her dressing gown around her, she decided to leave her hair damp so it could  dry naturally. With that, Bella plopped herself onto the sofa downstairs and began flicking through the channels on tv. Within that time; Bella's mum, Lily, had arrived home early from work to inform her that she was cooking a meal for Scott and his mum that evening.

Bella loved her aunt Judy, but it did annoy her how each time she had a rough night her mum would call them over, like she needed to be watched or something. It was embarrassing enough without having everybody staring at you like you were a ticking time bomb ready to explode any minute. Then again; atleast it was Scott who was coming over as well, he never questioned her nightmares with her because he knew she didn't like to talk about it, Bella loved that about him.

Bella continued watching tv, helping her mum out every now and then with the cooking. Lily was an amazing cook and even though she had been working that day, she still managed to put together an awesome meal which Bella couldn't help but admire about her. She was making a mixture of Gambas Ajillo with Arraz a la cubana and Tubet with Empanada de manzana. Which is Garlic Prawns with tomato sauce and egg friend rice and another vegtable dish containing layers of sliced potatoes, aubergines and red bell peppers previously fried in olive oil. Then for dessert, her mum's famous homemade Spanish Apple Pie. Delicious! 

Scott's mother, Judy, was sister's with Bella's mum. Judy's parents both came from Spain, but then when her mother (aka Bella's grandmother) remarried an Englishmen, they all moved to the UK where Bella's mother Lily was later born. They rarely ever spoke Spanish, the only time it was needed was when family were visiting. The same went for the food, Bella has grown up with English meals, but whenever the family got together her mother would go crazy and serve all her favourite Spanish dishes. 

Hearing a car pull up outside, Bella peeped through the curtains and spotted Scott and her Aunt Judy pulling up outside. Feeling slightly inappropriate in her pajamas, she quickly ran upstairs to change for dinner. Changing into her comfy leggings and a nice top she was ready, feeling cold she grabbed a hoodie from her closet and threw it on. It wasn't unusual for her to be cold, for some reason though she always was. There had even been certain times in the summer where she would be caught walking around in a jumper, her family would tease her about it on several occasions. Just as she pulled the hoodie over her head, she heard a knock on her door knowing immediately who it was.

"Hey, you descent?"  

She lightly chuckled, "Yeah, come in."

"Hey," he greeted, giving her a big bear hug, his specialty. "God, I miss your mum's cooking," he mumbled, chewing on something. 

"Already digging in," shaking her head teasingly. 

"You know me, can't wait!" he shrugged his shoulders. "So, how was last night?"