Chapter 1

A/N: ~PLEASE READ~

This story has been updated and edited, you can find the edited version of In These Arms under the same name on my page. Of course if you choose to read this version don't worry, I have only added a couple of extra parts in the updated version. But from here on I will not be updating anymore chapters on this story and will eventually be deleting this version. I want to say thank you to those who have stuck by me and supported me on my story, I know it's been a work in progress but I am making a come back ;D

***************************************************

The new girl, that's what Bella was hearing left and right as she walked down the halls that morning. It was a strange feeling having everyone stop in their direction with their withering stares and hushed whispers, for Bella it was extremely new. She sighed in frustration as she struggled to find her first class, this place was so big compared to her last school!

Bella was born and bred in England, it was her home for so long, but sadly that had all changed all just one month ago. Stopping in her tracks she soon realised that she was once again on the wrong floor. Seriously! How big does a school need to be! Turning around to head back the way she came she suddenly came to a crashing halt as she collided into something hard, causing her to loose balance and drop all of her books in the process.

"I'm sorry!" the guy quickly apologised as he knelt down to pick them up. "No, uh it was my fault," she stuttered, also attempting to pick her books up but stopping when she noticed  he had already done it. Not exactly the way she planned to start the day!

As she gazed down at the stranger who helped her she  found a pair of the most gorgeous brown eyes staring back at her as he glaced up ah her. Bella felt like she was living in a cliché movie at that moment, her mind going back to all the books she had read where a couple had met over some cosmic accident that in her experience only ever happened in books and movies.

Having mocked the situation countless times, she soon found herself having one of those moments herself. Suddenly all those cliché scenarios didn't seem so crazy. Gathering the last of her books up, the guy finally stood up, quickly finding themselves awkwardly looking at one another.

"Here you go," he said, handing over her books. "Sorry again," he added with a warm smile. 

"Thanks," she replied, returning his smile with one of her own.

"You're Bella right?" Catching her off guard, she didn't realise that anybody knew about her, at least not yet.  "Yeah, how did you -"

"News travels fast around here, well that and I'm a friend of Scott's."

Scott was Bella's cousin; the only family she had here in America and one of the reasons why they had moved here. He was supposed to show her around this morning, but he got called away by his coach. Yep, that was her cousin, captain of the football team.

"He mentioned you were moving down here. It's a long way from England."

"Yeah," she muttered sadly, trying to avoid his gaze.

"Do you need any help being shown around?" he asked, obviously sensing how sad she looked and decided to change the subject. "Actually, I'm looking for room twelve," she told him as she unfolded her schedule.

"Which lesson?" he asked.

"English."

"Sure, i'm actually headed that way. Come on, I'll show you."

"Thanks," she smiled gratefully, as he led the way.

"So how do you like it here so far?" he asked as they walked on.