Chapter 16

Wednesday morning had arrived and there was still no sign of Dean anywhere, not that Bella was complaining if anything she was beyond relieved to not have him around. Seeing as tomorrow was the last day of school there was a good chance that she wouldn't see him until after the holidays. Bella sighed loudly as she put her book away in her locker, maybe things will go somewhat back to normal soon. Of course, since when did things ever go the way she wanted?

Bella hunched over a little as she felt her stomach tighten and suddenly erupted into a loud growl. Bella shut her eyes and took in a deep breath. It had been hard to keep food down lately and with the not sleeping she was starting to feel even weaker lately. The school break couldn't have come at a better time, it would be nice to be able to rest and not panic about what the next day would bring. No more worry which meant no more Dean.

Once the pain in her stomach had eased, Bella quickly shoved her books she needed into her bag and decided to go find Scott and maybe eat something small just to settle the hunger pains. As she shut her locker, Bella felt a chill run down her spine as she came to face Dean. Panic immediately flared up inside of her as she stood there unable to move.

"Hi Bella," Dean smirked as he started moving towards her.

Bella immediately reacted and tried to leave but Dean was quicker and grabbed hold of her bruised wrist making her hiss a little. Remembering what Liam had taught her, Bella struck her palm onto Dean's wrist and couldn't believe it when he actually released her arm. A look of surprise took over his face but he quickly recovered and tried to block her exit again as she tried getting away once more.

"Whoa whoa whoa, I just wanna talk," he said, holding his hands up to show he wasn't going to touch her.

"I don't want to hear anything you have to say," she told him, giving him an icy stare.

"Well that's too bad, because you're going to listen!" he shouted loudly, his voice echoing down the halls.

"What is wrong with you? How could you do that to me?" she asked him, anger rushing through her once more. It saddened her but at the same time didn't surprise her as she watched him stand there with a grin plastered on his face.

"Don't you care at all?"

"Is that what you thought? That I cared about you?" he asked mockingly.

Bella shook her head in disbelief. "You're a jerk!" she declared and attempted to walk away, but he just blocked her again and this time was so close their bodies were almost touching.

"That's not what you thought about me before though did you?" he chuckled tiliting his head slightly. "I could have had my way with you if I really wanted, I bet I still can," he said, his eyes roaming her body.

Bella bit her lip nervously, but she didn't want to give him the satisfaction that he once again had control over her, so she bravely stared into his eyes and smirked, "I feel sorry for you, this game of yours you play, it's pathetic," she mumbled. "I think we both know that if you didn't make such an effort being the player you think you are, nobody would ever really want you."

Dean's face tightened at this and for a second she thought he was going to hit her, but he quickly hid it. "Believe what you want Bella, but i'm pretty sure you're little friend Sam would disagree." Bella's brow wrinkled in anger as she remembered how hurt Sam was by what he had done to her. "You can ask her yourself if you want, ask her how many times she screamed my name out while I was -"

"Screw you!" she hissed and shoved his chest hard, instantly regretting so as he pushed her hard against the locker behind her. Bella gasped in pain from the previous bruises he had left behind the last time.