CLIMAX - PART 2

Aditi and the aliens were taken completely unawares when the assault had begun. Not in the seven hells had she expected something like this to happen.

The aliens recovered quickly though. The soldier ran to the ship to get the weapons and the captain followed him. But before they could do anything, another series of blasts rocked the island.

These ones were a lot near to the ship, and they did the damage they were intended for. Fini was hit by one of the explosive and fell on the ground.

Aditi ran to him, but by the time, he was already dead. She just sat there feeling hazy, not knowing what to do. The alien with whom she had spent a whole day had gone now. And now, the other aliens were preparing to take the battle to the humans; her brothers and sisters.

But the same brothers and sisters hadn't given a second thought that she was also on the island. There hadn't been any attempt to save her. It looked like an all out assault. She was now in a total jeopardy; whose side to take.

She was sitting there near the body of Fini when she heard it again. The same sound which she had heard before the earlier explosion. She had ignored it first, but now she was confident, it was the sound of the jets approaching again.

She was ready to receive another series of blasts. Amongst that thick forest cover, she saw a glimpse of the jets passing overhead. She could feel those bombs dropping on her and braced for the impact.

But she was surprised to see all the bombs explode midair. With a look of bewilderment on, she watched around to notice a faint red all around her. Yes, it was a shield all around the ship.

As it happened, the side had chosen her at the moment. She was to stay with the aliens for now; for her own safety.

She got back to the ship, where the remaining three aliens were staring at each other.

No silly girl, they are not staring, they are talking in their own way, she said to herself.

She knew she had to touch them to know what they were planning. So she started to move closer to them. The captain saw her coming closer, looked at his team, and the next moment, they were all invisible.

God! How am I going to be with a side that I can't see and I can't hear?

***

On the other side...

Rahul and Meera had landed on the island. They watched the Jets drop a hoard of bombs in the interior of the island. Behind their backs, the sun was setting down on the horizon as the visibility was going down.

Major Sharma had got acquainted with Rahul during the boat ride. He had learned everything about what had happened on the island before. Rahul had told it eagerly and also agreed to show them the location of the ship.

And so after getting on the island, Rahul, Meera, Major Sharma and a dozen of soldiers had set off to get to the alien ship. Rahul thought that this was their best chance to search for Aditi. If the aliens had caught her, she must have been kept in their ship.

The little party was almost halfway through into the island when they heard another wave of jets coming in. Rahul looked at the sky from among the trees, and he saw those jets in the far away horizon.

He was about to continue walking when his eyes caught a glint of something else. There, in the sky, behind those ships, he saw a shining dot. There was a red glow about it.

First, he thought of it as a star; but then he realized. He had seen this glow earlier. It was the same red glow that the alien ship emitted. So what, another alien ship was coming in?

He immediately drew Major Sharma's attention to it. The whole party now looked up in the sky, watching the jets getting closer to the island; and behind them, the red dot getting closer as well.

All their suspicions of it being an alien ship were confirmed when the jets were almost above the island. They saw the red dot emit some streaks of laser like light; and suddenly, two of the four approaching jets blasted mid-air.

Oh no! One more alien ship? This is getting worse on the island.

***