CHAPTER 07.1

As soon as he stepped on the land, Rahul got straight to the business. He immediately tried to call his boss to inform about the turn of events. But, bosses are never easy to reach; and so, neither was his.

No one was supposed to call the boss directly; it was always the secretary one had to get through first. He took out his phone and called the desk of his department. But no one picked up. He tried again with the same result.

He had no option now but to call the personal number of his boss's secretary. And this seemed like the toughest task for Rahul. He and the boss's secretary, Meera, had a history together.

FLASHBACK

He was waiting in the corridor of the office, pacing up and down restlessly. It was the day of his interview, his first ever interview. And his nervousness was clearly seen in his ways. He had arrived an hour before the scheduled time and now had to wait out there.

He was lost in his thoughts, yet that walking didn't stop. And eventually, the inevitable happened. He turned around in his stride and bumped into someone.

He was about to curse when the words held up in his mouth. A girl in executive dress was bent in front of him. He didn't realize first but then he noticed that she was picking up the documents she dropped when they bumped.

He quickly got down on his knees and proceeded to help her. Her face was hidden by her jet black hair. But, as soon as he got down, she jerked, which made her hair fly back and reveal her face.

The moment he saw her face, he was dumbstruck. His hand that went ahead to help, stopped in mid-air. One can say it was love at first sight, but he knew it was something more than that.

His stare broke when she spoke something. She was actually apologizing for his mistake. But at that moment, he was not going to say that she was wrong. He just accepted the apology.

They got along easily after that. She introduced herself as Meera. As it happens, she had also come for an interview there. At the end of the day, both got the job in different departments. And thus their romance began.

It was all going so well until last month when Meera called him one night and announced their breakup for no reason whatsoever. Rahul's heart shattered into pieces. He didn't understand why girls had to always do something like this?

PRESENT

They hadn't talked after that night. But fate had played its game and just a day before Rahul left for the island, Meera was transferred under his boss. So now, he was left with no other option but to call her.

His hand didn't shake while filming the alien ship, but now, making this call, his hands started to shake. He gathered all his courage, took a deep breath, and hit that dial.  

***

What do you think will be Meera's role in this?