CHAPTER 04

Aditi kept staring at the alien in horror and bewilderment. Rather than terrified, she was just amazed at the recent turn of events.

Many questions rose and died in her mind, and innumerable thoughts used it as a freeway. But one question never left it.

Who had captured the alien?

Is there someone else on the island?

Some other human?

She was staring at it while all this was battering her mind. And on top that, when she thought of that third question, the alien nodded.

Wait, did he just nod?

No, it was just a trick of my mind.

And then again, it nodded, but this time to say a 'no'.

What is he saying no to?

Oh! That it's not a trick of my mind?

Yes, again she saw that head move. It was trying to communicate with her. But how? How did it know what she was thinking?

Can it hear my thoughts?

There was that nod again.

"Oh shit!" she cursed aloud, "This alien can hear our thoughts. Did you know that, you devils?"

She tried to scream on top of her voice. She wanted to tell this to her captors. But the gag in her mouth didn't allow for this.

Something was odd though. Even when she was making those weird noises, trying to shout, the alien didn't budge at all.

Can't you hear me? she thought.

And yes, the alien replied with a shake of his head.

This is interesting, she thought again, so you can read my thoughts, but you cannot hear me. That's very interesting.

Ok Aditi, that's enough of fooling around, move to the important topics.

Who captured you?

All of its eyes flinched, but it didn't say anything. How could it, there was no mouth.

Silly me, she thought.

How do you talk then?

It started to swivel its head, trying to say something. But, this was her first time talking with only head gestures. This didn't make it any easier.

Ahhh...can't you aliens do anything normal?

She literally banged her head on the wall for asking such a thing. She was probably losing her senses after being trapped.

She was asking an alien if it could be normal. It won't be called an alien if was normal.

Now, now, stop that babbling and focus. It's trying to say something.

The alien didn't stop its acts, and finally, she understood.

You are telling me to come closer, aren't you?

Yes, a positive reply. She wasn't afraid of it now. She pushed her legs and slid in its direction.

On the other end, she saw it doing the same. Great! Now we are talking.

She stopped when they were at a hand's distance, but it didn't. It just kept on coming, till they literally touched each other.

Actually, that's what it did. It moved ahead and touched her.

She wasn't afraid, but it felt a bit ugly to her; touching that soft skin. But what she didn't expect was what came next.

The moment their bodies touched, she heard its voice.

***

Is Aditi trusting the alien too soon?

Or is the alien really innocent?