CHAPTER 05

Rahul was facing his worst nightmare. He was naked and tied to a table. Three aliens stared at him. It frightened him, those nine red eyes staring at him.

They were talking among themselves, discussing a plan to torture him. He didn't understand why they were doing this so openly. Were they ignorant of the fact that he could hear them?

But, if they were just trying to scare him, then the plan was certainly working. Then, one of them went out and came in holding a bucket. Before he could protest, the alien poured the ice cold water on his naked body.

He didn't feel anything on his body though. Suddenly, he felt a splash of that ice cold water on his face and he woke up with a start.

He opened his eyes to find the water from the ocean hitting his face. His body was rocking with the motion of the ship. He breathed a sigh of relief when he realized that it was just a dream.

The boatman was staring at him blankly.

"Are you okay? You were shouting wildly in the sleep." He asked.

Rahul just nodded. He didn't want to visit that dream again. In fact, he didn't want to recollect any of those memories. He wanted to believe that all those events that took place on that island were a horrible dream. But he knew that wasn't true.

He checked his bag again to find that film. They had filmed the whole thing, the U.F.O. and all. He knew they had to leave immediately and tell the world what was happening here.

He had pleaded Aditi to do so. But the stubborn girl didn't listen to him. She wanted to take a closer look at that thing. And this curiosity of hers turned into her enemy.

He watched from the bush as she went ahead. He watched in horror as that red ugly thing materialized right in front of her. It was as if it was standing there the whole time and was waiting for her to come close.

He didn't know what happened there, but he heard her shout.

"Rahul, run..."

He didn't need a second invitation for that. He quickly turned around and started running. He looked back for just that moment to see her running in the opposite direction.

Oh! Can't this girl do anything right? 'he thought to himself.

He had kept running till he reached the beach. He wasted no further time and called the boat. But the boat was not to come till the next day. He still had the whole night to fend off.

It was cold out there in the open, but he wasn't going back in the forest. He didn't even take the risk of lighting a fire. He just sat there under a tree.

The whole night he debated with himself, whether to go find Aditi. But he couldn't muster the courage. His eyes didn't close for even a second.

So, when he was safe aboard the boat, his body succumbed to a deep sleep.

Now, sitting on the edge of the boat, his mind was in motion again. The thought of leaving Aditi there, all alone, still hurt him.

He knew she was a tough girl with resilience like no other. And now, he just hoped she remains the same.

Coz, he will come back for her. And this time he will not come alone.

***

Whoa! I can't believe he left her on the island, all by herself, with those aliens. 

What now, will he come back?