CHAPTER 02

"Holy shit! That's a U.F.O" they both exclaimed in unison.

"So, it wasn't a meteor falling after all"

But Aditi wasn't listening to him. Her eyes were fixed on the ship. It was emitting a faint red glow, and somehow she couldn't take her glance away.

She traced it from top to bottom. And the first thing that came to her mind was,

That's no way near how they show in the movies.

She was a big sci-fi fan and had seen many aliens and spaceships in the movies. But this was not like that at all.

The ship seemed to have landed awkwardly. It didn't sit on a flat land but was stranded in the trees. Its one side was on top of a tree and the other was fixed to the ground.

This gave her a full view of the ship. It was more of the shape of a donut, rather than a saucer. But that hole in between was missing. Instead, it was replaced by a glass dome.

It isn't that huge as well, just seems around 15 feet tall.

She was flown out of her thoughts when Rahul started to shake her.

"Hey! I have been talking to you all this time and you weren't even listening?"

His eyes were big, his nose had turned red. He looked angry.

"Oh! Yeah, I was just thinking..."

"Well then, stop thinking" he cut her off  "there will be plenty of time to think later"

"Let's get out of here first"

"We have to tell everyone that this is not the meteor"

Yes, he was right. We have to get the word out.

But wait, "did you film this thing?"

A sheepish look came on his face which was enough for her to know that he hadn't done it.

"Well then, what are you waiting for? No one is going to believe us if we just tell them this"

He sprung into action taking out his camera and filming the UFO.

He didn't get out from the thicket from where they were watching, but still, he was able to get a lot of it into the picture.

She was watching it on the screen as he zoomed in. It showed three levels on the ship. There were small round windows all around the perimeter.

When he focused on the glass dome, she saw some equipment within. Some chairs, some screens, and some joysticks. It looked like some control desk.

When he was done, he secured the tape in his bag and pleaded to her.

"Can we go now, please?"

"Hold on a minute. The ships here, yes, but where are the aliens? Let's get a little closer and take a look"

"What in all worlds! What are we now, the alien scouts? For god's sake Aditi, let's just leave"

No, they were not the alien scouts. But her curiosity needed a closer look.

"Ok then, stay here hiding, I will take a look myself"

She got from the thicket and started walking towards the ship. She was just some steps away from the ship when she felt as if something brushed her hand.

And in that split second, she could swear she heard a voice. A hoarse and shallow voice.

"Hhummann..."

If she wasn't frightened before, then this had done it. She looked around herself, all the way round. Nothing.

What was that? Did I just touch one? But where are they? I didn't see one coming near me.

And suddenly, as if reading her thoughts, absolutely out of thin air, a red thing emerged in front of her.

Horror struck her face. Her mind went blank. She wanted to run. She wanted to scream. But no, it was as if she was stuck in that place.

A few seconds later, she didn't know where she got the courage from, but she let out a shout.

"Rahul, run..."

With this, she funneled all her energy into her legs and made a dash for her life. She didn't know which direction she was sprinting, but she was not stopping to find that out.

She was running, running and running. And suddenly, something hit her.

All the breath was knocked out of her.

Before she lost her consciousness, the only thing she felt was; someone dragging her.

***

Did the aliens capture her?

Or is there someone else?