CHAPTER 08

Recap: 

Aditi was still trying to recollect what the alien had just shared with her. There were many afterthoughts arising in her mind and at the same time, an equal number of questions. That's when the door to the shack gets kicked open and in that open doorway, stands a shadow.

***

There was a sudden noise and Aditi quickly jerked her head towards it. The door to the shack was just kicked open. It allowed the cool moist breeze to flow right in soaking her in its cold. Her body urged her to hug herself tightly, to get some relief from this unexpected wave of coldness, but the cuffs on her hand didn't allow that.

It was not only the wind, though, which rushed through that broken door. There was also that light. That bright light emitted into the universe by the sun. After being in near to no light and submerged into the darkness, this light had started to hurt her eyes. Once again, she felt the need of lifting her palm to shield her eyes. But this time, she knew she had those cuffs around.

When her eyes finally started to relax a little and got adjusted to the light, she looked at the door to see who this was. But the front of the man standing there was darkened because of the light coming from behind. What she could see was only a black silhouette of the man standing there.

And suddenly, even she didn't understand what got into her, but she started laughing. She was laughing so loud that the aliens could hear it on their planet if not for that gag in her mouth.

Shut up Aditi! she scolded herself, this is not the time to laugh. This is the one who has kidnapped and put you with an alien and now has come to get done with you.

But she just kept laughing even harder. No matter how hard she tried, she was not able to bring that feeling of fear into her mind. The only thing that was peeking in her mind that moment was,

Just get done with it, whatever you want. I'm not frightened of you anymore.

Her eyes were fixed on that silhouette standing in the doorway. He hadn't moved a muscle since he broke in. This did seem a little odd to Aditi. But before she could jump to any conclusions, she felt a touch on her hand. Her instincts made her retract back, but then she realized it was only Fini trying to communicate with her.

And so she listened.

"Relax girl, he is not what you think he is. That's Muly, our soldier, and not the kidnapper.'

As if on cue, she saw Muly take a step further and step into the shack. She could see him clearly now. He looked the same as the one sitting next to her. But his height, there was a big difference in it. He was almost upto the height of humans.

"Stop thinking about how he looks Aditi", said Fini, "He says we got to move fast. The one with a weird kind of gun has just gone around for a walk"

He continued again, "Muly says we don't have more time, we have to make it fast because the kidnapper may come back at any time."

Meanwhile, Muly came up and took out their gags. Aditi was so relieved for this. Then he went for the cuffs, but there was nothing with which he could break them. But, it seemed as if he didn't need anything after all. Aditi watched in amazement as he broke the cuffs with only his fingers.

Damn, these aliens are strong. She thought.

"I can hear that..." Fini said.

She chuckled. She had completely forgot that they were still holding hands

Once free of the bounds, Fini leapt onto his feet and started to dash out of the shack. But when Aditi tried to do the same, she wasn't able to do that. Her feet weren't responding to the call of her brain. They had become temporarily paralyzed. And why not, they were bound for almost over a day now.

So she just sat there and tried to make slow movements of her feet. She knew this was not the situation demanded of her, but she had no other choice. Slowly, moments passed and those feet started to return in their original sensations. When she felt enough recovery to walk, she made no delay to leave the shack and follow Fini and Muly.

That conscious part of her mind constantly kept her asking, why are you following the aliens? You should be darting in the opposite direction and look for Rahul.

The thought of Rahul made her abruptly stop in her tracks. 

Oh god! I completely forgot about Rahul. How silly of you Aditi, how could you do that?

With this, another wave of questions flooded her mind.

Would he okay?

Where was he?

Had they found him also?

Then where did they keep him?

Or had he managed to escape the island?

Or...or...was he ki..?

No Aditi, no.

She lost track of where she was and collapsed on the ground scratching her head vigorously. Tears rolled down her eyes, moistening her rough face. And then, she felt a hand on her shoulder. She turned around excited.

'Rahul...' she half expected it to be Rahul, but it was not to be.

It was Muly.

"Don't worry girl, he must be fine. Now come on, we got to go," he said.

She got up and wiped down her tears. She geared up her courage and again started following the aliens.

They had reached the place where their ship crashed. She could see the remaining two aliens working with the ship. Nothing had changed from her last visit to this spot, except for one, the ship was now completely on ground. The aliens had been able to bring their ship down from the tree.

As they approached the ship, the other two aliens stared at her with wide eyes. She could see hatred in their eyes. But she couldn't remember anything she could have done to deserve that hatred.

Then she remembered what Fini had told her. One of them was killed by a human.

She was about to say something reassuring, when suddenly.

Boom...

***

So Aditi's sixth sense says to follow the aliens. Is she right? 

Will she combine with the aliens against the unknown enemy?

And finally, what was that boom...?