CHAPTER 06

"Our planet had sustained the heat of the sun for eons. But now, it was starting to get way too hot. We were able to do nothing to reduce that heat.

So our scientists came with a solution to inject ice in the core of our planet. But for that to happen, we needed ice.

We started to search for potential reserves of ice. All the planets in our sun were analyzed, and four planets were finalized.

Earth, Neptune, Uranus, and Pluto.

It was decided to send one ship on each of this planets to harvest the ice there. Each team were to have a crew of five 'Mercini'

A captain, a pilot, two extractors and one soldier.

We were all trained in the skills that were needed, and basic combat lessons were given. Our team was to travel the farthest, i.e., Pluto.

The captain of our ship was 'Fury'. He was true to his name, fierce and valiant. He never backed away from any situations and was the perfect leader for this long journey.

'Muly' was the soldier on our ship. He is taller than most of us, almost the height of you humans. He usually didn't need any weapons to neutralize the opponent, but he still carried three guns with him.

'Flimy' and 'Rimy' were the two extractors. They were not the best ones available on the planet, but they did their job well.

And I 'Fini' am the pilot of the ship. It was my responsibility to take the crew safely and bring them back. But I failed.

We had to travel the longest distance and so we were sent before the other crews. One week before the rest. It was all going as per the plan. Our course was set, there was no hindrance on the path and we were cruising for our destination.

Until that wretched asteroid hit our ship. It was my fault, I didn't see it coming and the ship was damaged on one side.

We lost control and the ship's thrusters on that side stopped responding. I tried my best but it was not in my powers anymore. We were left with no other choice but to land here. On Earth.

As soon as we entered the Earth's atmosphere, it pulled us towards it. We didn't have information about Earth in our database, and so didn't know where we were falling.

We hit the ground with a loud bang and every part of the ship felt the shock. We were thrown from our seats and hit the floor. When I tried to get up, I couldn't get my balance. I struggled to get out of the ship, and when I got out, I saw the ship hadn't landed straight. 

It's one edge was on the ground and other rested on a big green thing. The others were slowly making their way out of the ship. They seemed equally stunned as I was.

It had all became incredibly quiet. None of us could come up with any idea of what to do, nor there was any other noise. And in that moment of silence, I heard an air piercing noise.

I didn't know what it was, or where it came from. I glanced at the others to see if they heard it as well. They all were looking clueless as well. We were all staring at each other when I saw 'Flimy' fall on the ground. When I got to him, there was a hole in his body, and it was slowly disintegrating.

He was no more.

Our senses pushed in an overdrive, and we instinctively reached for our locket. It was the device which was given to us during the training. It was able to camouflage us, making us almost invisible.

I saw all my remaining crew members become invisible one by one. But when my hand reached the spot where the locket should have been, it found nothing.

'the locket must have fallen off when I was thrown from my seat'

I was furious at myself for losing it. I thought of darting back for the ship and find it. But it was too late.

I heard some sound coming from behind, and the moment I turned, I felt immense pain on my head. I was hit by something really hard. I immediately lost consciousness.

The next thing I know, is I woke up in this shack. I tried to free my bounds, but that was of no use. That whole day, I tried to wriggle out my bonds, but I was only hurting myself.

And the next day, you were thrown here in the same state."

Aditi was stunned to hear the whole tale from Fini. She didn't know how to react to this. She was happy that one of the aliens was already dead. But she also felt sad for them. They hadn't done anything, after all, it was just a mistake that they were even here.

She was also frightened at the same time. Because whoever had killed one alien and caught another, had now caught her as well. She didn't know who it was, or what their intention was.

Her mind was battling this chain of thoughts when the door of the shack was kicked open.

And there in that open doorway, she saw the most horrible sight.

***

Yup, the alien was telling its own tale.

But now, who is this who has wrecked havoc for the aliens as well?