Chapter Twenty-Three: Courtney's Birthday

Courtney's PoV

When I see Kaylei smirking and looking behind me, I stop mid-sentence and turn around.

As soon as I turn around, Robert picks me up and spins us around.

"Robert?!" I yell questionably.

"Happy birthday!!!" he yells.

When he stops spinning but doesn't put me down, I put my hands on his cheeks then crash my lips onto his.

I hear the sound of someone taking a picture but ignore it. I kiss Robert for a few more seconds then he pulls away for a breath. He carefully puts me down then quickly pecks my lips again.

"What are you guys doing here?!" I ask turning to everyone else.

"Surprise!" Austin yells.

I smile.

Kaylei shows me the picture she took a few seconds ago.

"Ohmygosh! Send that to me!" I yell.

"Already done," Kaylei says.

We all watch as everyone finishes their performances.

That picture is already all over twitter and Instagram.

Robert and everyone else got #HappyBirthdayCourtney trending. Even Demi and Justin tweeted it.

This is the best birthday ever so far. I don't see how it could get any better.

After everyone finishes, Demi announces, "Okay everyone, you have tomorrow off then the next day we will announce who the people that are going to the judges houses are."

"And a big happy birthday to Courtney!" Justin yells pointing to me.

I smile at him.

"I'll be right back guys," I say then head towards the bathrooms. I go down a few hallways then reach them.

After I finish doing what I needed to do and washing my hands, I exit the bathroom.

When I'm halfway back to everyone, I'm stopped by Josh. He's a worker here that I never really liked, he's about 26.

"What do you want?" I ask him when he won't let me passed.

"I saw you kissing that guy earlier," he says disgusted.

"That's because he's my boyfriend."

"Oh, but you could do so much better."

I start to back away to go the long way, but Josh grabs my arms then pulls me close to him. "Where are you going?" he asks.

"Let go of me!"

Josh crashes his lips onto mine.

I forcefully pull away then slap him across the face as hard as I can.

He lets go of me then slaps me back.

I try to run around him, but he grabs my waist then pulls me so my back is against his chest.

"LET ME GO!" I yell as loud as I can. "ROBERT HEL-!"

Josh puts his hand over my mouth.

I struggle to get out of his grasp, but fail.

He tightens his hold on me, pushing me more against him.

Robert's PoV

As we wait for Courtney to come back, I watch Kaylei and Austin take random pictures with each other. They are just too cute.