Chapter Twenty: Telling The Boys

No one's PoV

Kaylei and Courtney run off the stage.

Demi turns to Justin then says, "I really admire how Courtney got up there an sang, even with all the scars easily noticeable."

"I know right. You could also tell Kaylei has gone throw something like a break up recently. You could hear the pain in her voice. She took all of it and poured it into the song."

Austin's PoV

-Three days later-

Going on stage every night and acting like nothing is wrong and smiling is so hard to do. But, I'm doing it. I'm falling apart more and more every day. I can't stand this. I need her back. The boys have been trying to help me. Keyword trying. It's not helping. Courtney called Robert last night and told him that the girls are gonna come see us, and they have a huge surprise for us. Seeing Kaylei isn't going to help.

"They'll be here soon," Alex say putting his hand on my shoulder.

"How did you do it?' I ask.

"What do you mean?" he asks sitting down next to me.

"You and Sarah, you had a fight, but you're still together."

"We love each other. Just remember what your mom said."

A few minutes later, there's a knock on the door.

Robert runs and answers it.

Courtney attacks him with a hug.

Sarah, Rachel, Andrea, and Kaylei squeeze past them.

Robert pulls away from the hug then crashes his lips onto Courtney's.

That right there, I miss doing that with Kaylei.

"Austin?" Kaylei asks.

"Yeah?" I ask looking at the ground.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"Aust-"

I grab her arm and my guitar then walk down to the lobby. We walk out of the hotel then sit on a bench right outside.

I take a deep breath then start strumming and singing 'Not Just You' by Cody Simpson. When I finish, I say, "I fall in love you you more and more everyday. My heart is in a million pieces. It's hard to act like nothing's wrong. I can barely live with myself, knowing I hurt you. I wear this necklace every single day, so I always remember what I caused. I'm such a screw up. I miss your kisses, hugs, cuddles, everything. I still remember the song we sang of Valentines Day. It's still true. Its killing me without you. I know you deserve someone better than me, but I still love you. I never stopped, and I never will. I ca-"

"Austin, shut up," Kaylei interrupts me then crashes her lips onto mine.

I imediatley start kissing back.

When we pull away, she says, "I want you to promise me that from now on you'll always tell me everything, whether you think it'll make me mad or not."

"I promise!" I pretty much yell in excitement.

"Can I have the ring back?"

I take the necklace off, give her the ring, then put the chain in my pocket.

She slides the ring into her finger, kisses my cheek, stands up, grabs my hand, then says, "Come on, Courtney and I have some amazing news for you guys!"

I stand up, then we walk back up to the room hand in hand.

When we walk into the room, Alex yells, "Austlei is back!!!"