Chapter Two: Meeting The Crew

-Friday, 3:15PM-

Kaylei's PoV

The last bell rings. Finally! Courtney and I get to meet the crew today. I'm so excited! Courtney seems like she doesn't want to meet them. I know she thinks they'll hate her, but I know they'll love her. If she would open up to more people a lot of people would. She needs to get over this fear, and I have a plan.

I walk up to Courtney and put my arm around her shoulders then excitedly say, "Today is gonna be fun!"

She gives me one of her fake smiles. I know it's fake, but I let her think I don't. It's better that she thinks she's fooling me. If she knew I knew, it would crush her. Only because she knows I hate seeing her like that.

We decide to walking to my house. When we get there, we find Trentin and Thanyal playing a video game. "You boys having fun?" I ask.

"Yes we are," Trentin answers, keeping his eyes on the TV.

"Okay, you boys need anything before we go?"

"Where you going?"

"Over to Austin's."

"Oooooooo!"

"Oh shut up!"

"We're good. Have fun," Thanyal says, sending a quick smile in our direction.

Courtney rolls her eyes, then we walk over to Austin's. When we reach his door, she nervously knocks on it. Michele answers and happily invites us in, "Austin is in the shower. Feel free to wait in the living room." We walk in a sit on one of the couches. "Who is this?" Michele asks following us.

"This is my cousin, Courtney," I say.

"It's nice to meet you Courtney." Courtney smiles then shakes her hand. She returns a smile then walks up the stairs.

A few minutes later, Austin walks in the living room, without his shirt on. He's so much cuter in person. He looks me in the eyes then asks, "Kaylei, can I talk to you for a second?"

I get up and walk into the kitchen with him, "What's up Austin?"

"I told the boys to not call Courtney Court and to not mention that she is mute."

"Okay, thanks so much. She hates both of them, for different reasons. It means a lot, really."

"Anytime."

"Oh, and I was hoping you and the boys could try and break down Courtney's walls, get her out of her shell. She's really amazing once you get to know her. I know you guys would love her."

"I'm already two steps ahead of you." He smiles.

"I know it will be hard, but I really want her to be happy. She deserves it. I know she thinks she doesn't, but she does."

"The boys and I are ready to do anything and everything we can to help her. No one deserves to go through what she did."

There is a knock at the door. Austin goes and grabs a shirt from the lundry room then puts it on. I wait patiently for him to come back. I kiss his cheek then hear Robert yell for Austin to get out there.

Courtney's PoV

While Austin and Kaylei are in the kitchen talking, there is a knock on the front door.

I look around and no one is coming over to answer it, so I get up and go to the door. I hope it's the boys not someone else. I open the door.

"You must be... Kaylei?" Zach asks.

"No you idiot, that ones Courtney," Alex says.

I roll my eyes.

(Ohmygoodness.)