Chapter Four: How Could She

Alex's PoV

"And the first place winner is...." He pauses for what seems like forever then yells, "Kaylei and Robert!!!"

Everyone claps and cheers loudly.

They each get 100 bucks!!!

After a few minutes of everyone congratulating them, we start walking around town. Kaylei giving the boys and I a tour. We end up getting to the park by Courtney's house.

"Holy cow! We walked that far!" Kaylei yells shocked. "I didn't even realize we were over here!"

We all laugh then go play on the playground.

Courtney and I decide to go on the swings. I push her for a little them get on the swing next to her. Robert comes over and gets on the swing that's on the other side of me. We all swing for a little, Robert and I talking, and Courtney just listening.

-Sunday, 5:26PM-

We all hung out the whole weekend Kaylei and Courtney are pretty fun to hang out with.

The only bad thing is that someone started a rumor that I'm cheating on Sarah with Courtney. Sarah believes me that it's not true, an it's not. But so many people think it's true. I think Sandra started it. I love Sarah and would never ever cheat on her.

Robert, Tyler, Zach, and I say bye to Austin, Kaylei, and Courtney, then get in the taxi and the taxi drives us to the airport.

Courtney's PoV

After the boys leave Kaylei and I hangout at her house for a little, then I decide it's time for me to go home.

She drops me off at my house then leaves.

Sandra has been DMing me all weekend. Why don't I just block her or unfollow her? I don't know because I'm an idiot.

I walk into my house. No ones home. I see a note on the fridge. "Courtney, we went out to eat. We'll be home around eight. Please eat something. -Rachel"

I roll my eyes at the last part. Yeah that will happen.

I go to my room and lay on my bed. I go onto Twitter. My mentions are all people yelling at me, because I'm 'trying to steal Alex'. I would never do that. I love Salex! They're so dang cute together!

I read though some of them and some of my DMS.

I can't take this anymore.

Kaylei's PoV

At 7:15, I get bored so I go on twitter and see what the crew is up to. I then decide to see how Courtney is doing, but she won't answer my calls, DMS, tweets, or texts. I go to her tweets and look at her last one. "I fucking give up! I'm tired of this shit and can't take it anymore. You all want me gone? Fine! You have your wish!" That was fifteen minutes ago.

I run over to Austin's house and frantically knock on the door. When Austin answers, I ask, "My mom has the car, and I need to get over to Courtney's, can you please give me a ride?"

"Yeah," Austin says grabbing his keys.

When we get there, I run up to the front door. It's locked. I grab my keys out of my pocket and find the one to her house and unlock the door. We each have a key to each other's house. I run to her room and try to open the door, it's locked as well. I knock and yell, "Courtney Alameda Stone! You open this door right now!"

"What's going on?" Austin asks.

"She's been clean for about two months. This stupid Alex thing must have pushed her over the edge."

Austin breaks down the door and I run inside. Courtney is laying on her bed. She has cuts on her wrists and there is blood everywhere. She unconscious and barely breathing. Austin calls an ambulance.

When it gets here, they rush her to the hospital. They told Austin and me to wait until her family gets home then to come and see how she's doing.

-30min later-

"Courtney we're home!" Rachel yells opening the door. She sees me and Austin on the couch. "What are you guys doing here?"

Her siblings and parents never knew about the cutting. I found out after she had been doing it for two year. I got her to stop as soon as I could.

Everyone else comes in.

"Well, Courtney, uh, she tried to commit suicide."

"What?!" Andrea yells/asks.

"You're joking right?" Rachel asks.

"Why the hell would I joke about that?!" I yell/ask.

They all turn around and run back to their car. Rachel decides to ride with Austin and me.

We rush to the hospital. When we get there, the nurse tells us to wait in the waiting area for the doctor to come talk to us.

What seems like 20 hours later, the doctor comes out and ask, "You all here for Courtney Stone?"

"Yes," her mom says.

"The cuts are pretty deep. She's alive, but barely. But, she's in a coma."

I turn and start crying into Austin's chest.

"Shhhh," Austin whispers petting my hair.

The doctor says that one of us can stay with her, her mom is gonna stay.

"Can we at least see her first?" I ask.

The doctor leads us to her room.

Austin's PoV

After we see Courtney, her family goes home except her mom, and I drive Kaylei home.

She falls asleep halfway there.

When I get to my house, I park then get out. I go over to her side and open her door. I carefully pull her out and carry her bridal style over to her house. I ring the door bell, and her brother opens the door. He shows me to her room then goes to what I'm guessing is his room. I lay Kaylei on her bed. I stand up straight and stretch then look at her walls. They have posters all over. I smile, they're mainly of me. I go to leave, but stop when I hear Kaylei's voice.

"Austin?" She asks.

"Yes?" I ask.

"Can you please stay the night?"

"Yeah," I say. I text my mom what happened and that I'm going to stay with Kaylei for tonight, then go lay down by Kaylei.

She puts her head on my chest, then I put my arms around her.

I quietly sing 'I'll Be' by Edwin McCain to her.

She falls asleep when I'm almost to the end.

I fall asleep a few minutes later.