Chapter Eleven: Back To School

Robert's PoV

That's the first time I've heard her voice. Personally, I really like the sound of her voice. The doctor said that they want to keep her for a few more days just to be safe. Everyone is on their way to the hospital.

After the nurse asks Courtney some questions and gives her some pain killers, I lay back in the bed with her.

"Thank you Robby," Courtney says laying her head on my chest.

"For what?" I ask.

"Just, thank you."

A few minutes later, Kaylei comes running into the room and jumps on the other side of Courtney.

"Ow! You jerk," Courtney says.

Kaylei looks at her shocked then says, "I'm sorry boo."

Courtney laughs, then Kaylei let's go

Alex runs in and pretty much attacks Courtney with a hug.

"Alex! Be careful!" Kaylei yells.

"He's fine," Courtney says hugging him back tightly.

"I'm so glad you're alright," Alex says almost in tears.

Courtney pushes him away and looks in his eyes, then says, "Alex, don't cry."

Alex smiles.

"I love hearing your voice again," Kaylei says.

Courtney smiles.

"A real smile!"

We all laugh.

-Three days later, Monday, 8:45PM- 

*Incase you are wondering it is February 5th*

Courtney's PoV

I get to go home today.

I'm still not used to talking.

I don't really want to go back to school tomorrow.

The boys and Sarah went home last night.

My parents and siblings are terrified that I'll try again.

I haven't told anyone about Kendra, they'll probably think I'm crazy or something.

"Ready?" my mom asks.

I nod, then we walk out to the car.

We get out to the car, we both get in, then my mom heads to our house.

I end up falling asleep, when I wake up it's five o'clock in the morning.

I get up out of my bed, how'd I get here? I go to my closet and grab a black long sleeve shirt, a pair of dark blue pants, a pair of underwear, a bra, a white undershirt, and a pair of socks. I go and take a shower. It's about 30 minutes long. When I get out, I get dressed then go into my room.

I listen to music until about 6:30 then go out to eat breakfast.

-Skip to school-

"Oh look," Sandra says, before I can even make it to my locker.

"Where is Kaylei?" I ask myself in my head.

"What?" I ask.

"Oh, so you can talk?"

"No shit Sherlock," Kaylei says walking over to us.

Sandra rolls her eyes then walks away.

The bell rings.

Kaylei goes towards her first class.

I head towards mine, no one is looking at me, bumping into me, nothing. What the fuck is going on? People used to purposely bump into me.

"Courtney! You're back!" my math teacher exclaims.

I smile then go sit where she tells me to.

The teacher starts the lesson.

I can't help but feel like everyone is watching me. Why is it so hot in here? I can't roll up my sleeves though. Why is it so hot? It's the beginning of February!

-Lunch-

I walk into the cafeteria with Kaylei. We both go get some food, that I'm pretty sure isn't edible.

I eat what looks right but regret it. This shit is nasty. It's worse than hospital food!

Kaylei goes out to the hall because her mom called her.

I walk over to throw away my "food".

As soon as I throw it away these two guys run up to me and pull off my black shirt. Revealing my white tank top and arms.

Everyone turns and looks at me, my arms.

I can't hear anyone saying anything, but I know they're thinking it.

I turn and run as fast as I can to the girls' bathroom and hide in one of the stalls.

Maybe I should have died.

I stay there until the end of school. I wait until I think almost everyone is gone. I quickly walk to my locker, avoiding anyone I see. When I get to my locker, I grab my jacket out of it then put it on.

Austin and Kaylei come running up to me, then Kaylei says, "There you are, we've been looking for you for forever."

"Sorry," I whisper.

"What happened?"

"When you went into the hall, I went to throw away my lunch. After I threw it away these guys come over to me and pulled my black shirt off and left me in my tank top," I say starting to cry.

Austin hugs me.

I cry into his chest for a little then feel him pick me up and start walking.

"Austin?" I ask.

"Yeah?" He asks.

"Are you happy?"

"About?"

"You and Kaylei."

He looks over to Kaylei, blushes, looks back at me, then says, "Extremely."

I smile.

He puts me down by the car.

I turn to Kaylei and hug her, then get in the car.

Kaylei and Austin get in too.

Austin drives me home, holding Kaylei's hand the whole way.