Innocent Mute (OHSHC Love Story) Chapter 13

Suzu’s P.O.V.

Familiar voices rung out in the blurs of my mind. I tried to match faces with the voices, but found it difficult as I floated on the brink of unconsciousness. I sat there for what felt like long peaceful hours, but as the voices came into focus, I realized I hadn’t been asleep long enough.

Dread, flooded my lungs as my eyelids fluttered open.

Rika sat next to my bed, her jaw clenched and blue eyes narrowed at Roland who at on the other side of my bed, looking as calm as ever.

~Seriously, Rika? I just woke up and I already have to break you two up? ~

Her head whipped down as her eyes found mine and flooded with relief as she smiled sheepishly.

“Sorry, sis. He just pisses me off…”

I rolled my eyes and went to sit up, but felt a sharp pain in the back of my skull that caused me to suddenly gasp.

“You really should take it easy. You hit your head pretty hard…” a familiar voice sounded from behind the curtain that separated me from the next bed.

I blinked and flushed as Kyouya walked out from behind the white curtain, his hands in his pockets and onyx eyes unusually soft. He makes me so suddenly nervous…

Suddenly, a handful of pills were thrusted in my face and I grimaced. They must know that I’ve been skipping out on medication now…

“Yeah, I can tell from that guilty face that you haven’t been honestly taking your medicine. Suzu, you know better!” Roland lectured, frowning.

I flushed and bowed my head, feeling my face heat up with shame. I haven’t been taking my medicine, but… I just don’t like popping pills like Mama did… I’m not going to turn into a damn addict. But, then again… she abused the prescriptions. I need these to stay sane…

But I don’t want to have to depend on drugs. I shouldn’t need to…

I was sane before the…incident.

I shook my head and pushed his hand away gently.

Blinking in surprise, he glanced at Rika who grinned smugly. This must be what they were arguing about while I was snoozing…

“Suzu, you don’t have a choice in this. You need to take these or… well you already know what will happen.” He said voice grim.

Fear pricked my heart, but I shook my head again when he offered me the pills. No means no, and I will not become dependent on medication!

~I’m not going to lean on drugs anymore, Roland. ~ I signed, knowing well he understood.

He frowned and sighed, running his hand through his bangs in frustration. I sat up and gently leaned my back against the metal headboard of the hospital bed, waiting patiently to see what he’ll do. Whether or not he decides to let me go or push on; I refuse to take anything more. I can live without the little pink and blue pills.

“Fine… but if this happens again and I hear about it; I won’t let it go so easily. You have to promise to take the medication if it gets worse, okay?” he said, green eyes softening from frustration and exhaustion.

I smiled softly and held up my pinky finger.

He smiled softly, his mask finally cracking and shook my pinky with his own slender finger.

“Alright alright. I gotta get out of here and go talk to your uncle before he manages to escape work before I get there. He always manages to sneak away just when I need to talk to him…” He grumbled, twirling his pony tail in his usual annoyed fashion.

I giggled softly and waved him off, warily watching as he handed Rika the bottle of medication.

Kyouya took his seat and shyly took my hand in his own, his cheeks flushing a very light pink as he tried to hide it with his glasses. He’s so cute like this… Normally, he’s this sadistic ass who knows everything about everything; but no one knows this side of him. I don’t think he even knows this side to himself.

I reached up slowly with my free hand and pushed his glasses back up on the bridge of his nose the way I’ve seen him do it a thousand times. He blinked, surprised and flushed a deeper red.

I hardly heard Rika scoff and walk out; I was entrapped in his gaze that now captivated my attention.

His eyes weren’t some pretty color, just a deep gray that swirled around his pupil. I found myself leaning closer, narrowing my eyes to identify the pupil from the contrast of the gray. He blinked, blushing harder.

“W-What are you doing?” He stuttered.

I motioned to my eyes then pointed at his, explaining I was studying his eye color. He arched an amused eyebrow, but didn’t protest with my investigation, only smiled softly.

“You’re a very unique young lady, Suzu.” He stated after a couple moments.

I smiled at his compliment and sat back, sighing.

“Are you tired? Is it your head?” He suddenly asked, his tone concerned.

I blinked, surprised at his sudden jumpiness. Since when did he suddenly start… caring? That’s not the right way to put it, but when did he start becoming so… attentive?

I shook my head, patting his hand to comfort him; ease his anxious mind.

The door to the nurse’s office suddenly opened as Honey-senpia and Mori-senpia waltz in. The childish boy jumped onto my bed, wrapping his arms around my neck as he cried dramatically.

“We heard what happened! Are you okay, Suzu-chan?” he cried, his face hardly an inch from mine.

His eyes were blurry with tears and I couldn’t help but hug him close, squeezing him tight. He’s so completely adorable, how could I resist his embrace?

“Who told you about what happened?” Kyouya asked, looking up at Mori-senpia.

“Tamaki.” He simply replied.

Kyouya sighed, running a hand through his black locks.

“The King really knows how to make a scene…” he mumbled.

I smiled, despite his exasperation.

It really is fine; I enjoy the obvious affection they feel towards me. Oddly, I’ve come to welcome the intimacy of the members of the Host Club. Though my normal reflex, would be to freeze up at the boy’s embrace; but I’ve come to trust them. A shock ran through me, causing me to hold my breath and stiffen.

I trusted Daddy too…

Gently, I pushed the boy away, suddenly afraid of his closeness.

He smiled, taking no offense to my abrupt rejection to his affection. Instead he climbed down and fetched his Usa-chan stuffed bunny from Mori-senpia and skipped back to my bedside, his smile never fading.

“Here you go, Suzu-chan! Usa-chan will keep you safe.” He said, smiling.

I blinked, completely taken back by this.

It was made pretty known how attached Honey-senpia was to his pink stuffed bunny, especially during his naps.

~ Are you sure, Honey-senpia?~ I signed slowly, knowing how ignorant some of the members are to sign language.

He watched my hands and nodded to me, his eyes closed and cheeks pink from his smile.

I signed a ‘thank you’ before taking the stuffed animal as if it were the most precious thing known to man. I cuddled it close, hugging it to my chest, loving its soft fur.

“Alright, you guys! Suzu needs to get some rest so we should get back to class.” Kyouya ordered sternly, ushering the boys out.

I waved them goodbye and waited for the door to click closed before laying back down, cuddling Usa-chan close.

“Get well, Suzu.” Kyouya called softly from the foot of my bed.

Smiling, I nodded, keeping my eyes closed.

See? I knew he had a sweet side.