Chapter 44 - United as One

Hey guys! 

Just an FYI, and I know I said it a couple of chapters ago, but I'm going to assume that this book will only have another 5-8 chapters as well as an epilogue. 

Also, my goal is to finish this book by the end of February, which will allow me to work on a few of my other stories before starting the sequel to this book, which I'm hoping to have started by the beginning of June, and maybe even sooner!

Anyway, thank you for all of the support you guys have given on this story. The book hit 11k reads a few days ago and I could not be happier. You guys are the whole reason why I do this, so thank you from the bottom of my heart and I hope you all enjoy the chapter!

Brooke

P.S. There may be some explicit content in this chapter. (wink wink)

April 12th

Ryan's POV

I felt the bed dip on both sides of my waist, feeling a light weight settle onto my torso. 

I slowly was able to open my eyes, stirring out of my sleep. I saw it was Ashley, who was straddling my body with a big, dumb grin on her face. 

"Happy birthday!" She exclaimed, sounding like a little kid. 

She's just adorable. 

"Thank you, babe." I smiled, allowing my eyes to adjust to the light. 

Ashley lowered herself so our faces were only inches apart. 

The rest of her body weight rested on top of me, and felt so good. 

She kissed me softly, feeling the warmth of her lips on mine. 

God, I love her so much, words don't do it justice. 

She lifted her head slightly, allowing me to look into her ocean blue eyes. 

"I love you so much, Ry." She said, smiling ear to ear. 

She made me so happy. 

She completes me. 

"I love you more than anything, Ashley." I whispered, pressing my lips to hers once more. 

"C'mon, I made breakfast for you guys." She took my hand and helped me up from my bed, leading me downstairs and into the kitchen, where she had prepared a ton of breakfast items for everyone. 

"Holy hell, Ash. How long have you been up?" I asked, surveying the vast variety of food. She looked at the clock, which read 10:35.

"About four hours." She giggled, turning back towards me. 

"But I did it for you." She winked, walking over to the fridge and grabbing some drinks from it. 

"I'm amazed, truly." I said, trying to express some form of gratitude. 

I heard the others coming downstairs, seeing Taylor and Jordan, followed by Natalie. 

"Hey, it's the birthday bitch!" Taylor called, walking into the kitchen, earning laughs from everyone. 

"Happy birthday, Nuge." Jordan said, giving me a high-five as he walked past me. 

"Happy birthday, Ry." Nat smiled, giving me a side-hug. 

The five of us grabbed our food and walked into the dining room to eat. 

Everything Ashley made was really good, and everyone seemed to enjoy it. 

Afterwards, we talked mostly about the playoffs coming up, and our first round opponents, the Calgary Flames. 

The first round was going to be the Battle of Alberta, and it was going to be an intense series.