Chapter 11 - Underdogs

Ashley's POV

It's game night in Edmonton. The Oilers are playing the Blackhawks, who are not only the defending champions, but the top team in the league. More importantly, I got Ryan back. I'm glad he wanted to talk to me. I knew he was sorry, and I couldn't turn that boy away, he's my life. Even though we've been dating for about a month, he is the single greatest thing to ever happen to me. Ryan and I napped before the boys had to leave, and Ryan had told me that instead of staying at home and watching the game, him and Taylor had set up a luxury box for Natalie and I. Apparently, Natalie wasn't a huge fan of sitting with the other wives and girlfriends, and quite frankly, I probably would feel the same way. I really don't want to explain my situation with Ryan to like 13 people, so this was a better option. I was pretty out of it until Ryan woke me.

"Ash, babe wake up. We have to get going soon." He whispered. Another thing that I missed last night. Even though I was away from him for one night, you never realize how much you miss something until its taken from you. I missed him more than anything. I opened my eyes to see the boy that stole my heart. I smiled and wrapped my arms around him, and he returned the favor. "I missed you last night. It wasn't the same without you." I told him honestly.

"I missed you too. You have no idea." He said, rubbing my back. We parted so that we could get ready. I left the room so Ryan could put his suit on. I walked downstairs to see Natalie having a glass of wine.

"Hey, bestie!" She said, standing up and pulling me into a hug.

"Hi!" I responded. I pulled away when I realized that I wasn't dressed properly. She had a nice dress on, while I had some baggy sweats and a t-shirt. She looked really pretty. "Oh my god, Nat you look amazing!" I said in awe of her. She blushed.

"Aw, thanks. I just hope Taylor likes it." She said, with a bit of doubt.

"I promise you he will." I said, and she smiled, giving me a hug.

"You should get ready! I bet you'll look better than me!" She said with a laugh.

"Impossible." I said with a smile. We laughed together until Ryan walked down.

"Your turn." He said, kissing my forehead. I blushed slightly and walked upstairs and into Ryan's room, taking my dress out of his dresser. I had a mini closet at Ryan's house. Just some shirts and shorts, a few pairs of sweats, and 2 dresses, just in case I didn't have time to run back to my apartment and change. I grabbed my black dress and did my makeup all in about 20 minutes. I headed downstairs, hoping Ryan would like it.

Ryan's POV

Taylor, Natalie and I made small talk waiting for Ashley to come downstairs. We mostly discussed our opposition for the evening, the Chicago Blackhawks. They were the best team in the league, and we knew that we had to play better than our best to win. Chicago's team was loaded with all-star caliber players like Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews. They were just a couple of the weapons in their arsenal. My thoughts were broken when I heard my door open. I saw Ashley step out, and my god did she look stunning. Van Halen's "Love Walks In" played in my head. She was utterly beautiful. She smiled as she headed down the stairs. Just jaw dropping beauty. It was like watching a movie. She was moving in slow motion in my head.

And then you sense a change,

Nothing feels the same.

All your dreams are strange,

When love comes walking in.

I must have had the stupidest look on my face, but I couldn't fix it. I was love struck. I couldn't even speak. I was in every sense of the word, speechless. My fantasy was broken by her soft voice.