Chapter 8 - All Will be Well

Ashley's POV

October 30th

It's been about 3 weeks since Ryan and I started dating. Ryan was the person I trusted more than anyone to keep me safe. Ryan was so upfront and honest. It was one of the things I loved about him. I went over to the boys house for a pre-game dinner sort of thing, with the boys and Natalie. Natalie and I were going to watch the game at home tonight at the boys house for a girls night. That meant lots of alcohol, food, and hockey. I arrived at the boys house at about 3:30, and was greeted by Jordan.

"Hey, Ashley. Glad you could come." He said, pulling me into a friendly hug, which I returned immediately.

"Hi, Jordan." I replied quietly. Jordan led me inside to the kitchen, where Natalie and Taylor were cooking something on the stove. I greeted them both with hugs and went to find my boyfriend. I went up to his room to find the door closed. I opened it to find him snoozing in bed. Instead of waking him up, I crawled in next to him and draped an arm over his shoulder. He rolled over, but he was still asleep. I held him for a few minutes, just listening to the sound of his heartbeat. I kissed his forehead, which ultimately woke him up.

"Hi, sleepy." I said with a soft giggle. He wrapped his arms around me and I scurried into them.

"Hey, beautiful." He said, pecking me on the cheek. "How are you?"

"With you? Amazing." I said, nuzzling my head into his neck. We stayed like that for a minute before I spoke up. "Dinner should be ready. You need to eat something. I want you to have plenty of energy for the game." I told him.

"Sounds good, I'll be down in a few, I just need to throw some cleaner clothes on." He said, releasing me.

"Ok, babe." I said, giving him a kiss on the cheek before heading down. I rejoined everyone in the kitchen, where Taylor was serving dinner, which was spaghetti, a high carb dinner. Not really what I needed, trying to stay fit and everything, but I just was going eat it anyway. I still loved spaghetti.

"Is Ryan up?" Taylor asked.

"Yea, he is. He's just changing into different clothes. He'll be down in a minute." I told him. He nodded and sat down, and we all began to eat. Ryan made his way down a minute later.

"Looks good, Hallsy." He said with a yawn.

"I know, it always looks good. I am an amazing cook. You guys are lucky you have me." Taylor said.

"Whatever lets you sleep at night." Ryan said with a chuckle, and sat down next to me. Dinner was full of small talk about the Oilers' opponents, the Philadelphia Flyers.

"I always thought that Claude Giroux was a hottie." Natalie said, earning laughs from everyone but Taylor. "Relax, you, I would never leave you for Claude Giroux." She said, giving Taylor a kiss on the lips, and his smile returned.

Soon enough, the boys had to leave, and Natalie and I were left alone in the massive house.

"What do you want to do? We have two hours before puck drop." I asked Natalie. A devious smirk emerged on her face.

"Why not get the party started early?" She said, opening the fridge and grabbing a bottle of red wine. "They love us to much to not take care of us. Hell, we can get as wasted as we want and still be in their arms in the morning." She said. I was apprehensive at first, but I shook my doubts and took a glass from her. She poured plenty of wine in each cup, and we sat down on the couch.

"Cheers." I said, clinking glasses with her, and each of us taking a large gulp of wine.

"I hope you saved room for desert, Ash." She said.