Chapter 40 - Zero Hour

Author's Note!

Hey guys,

Firstly, I wanted to thank all of those who have reading, voting, and commenting on this story. This story hit 9k read a couple of weeks ago and I could not be happier. I never thought I'd even get 100 reads on any of my works, but 9k is just insane. So, again, thank you all so much for that, you guys are the greatest.

Secondly, I have a few new ideas for new stories that are coming out in the future. Like I said, this book will have a sequel, as well as another hockey fanfiction (You can try and guess who it's about :D) As well as a baseball fanfiction. (Another one you can try and guess :D) I know I haven't updated my other stories since August, or June for my Max Domi one, but I promise I'll try and figure something out for all of them, as the stories I currently have going are my main priority. I went back to school recently and I'm still adjusting to life as a senior in high school, getting ready for college and all that, so bear with me on updates. Anyway, I've probably talked too long, so, with that being said, I hope you guys enjoy the chapter!

XOXO,

Brooke

Ryan's POV

All of the yelling, the back and forth, just stopped. I watched her lifeless body bounce off the pavement, her head making a sickening noise against the concrete surface. I immediately panicked.

I yelled her name, sprinting over to her side, to see blotches of red amongst the white snow near her head. I kneeled down next to her, placing my trembling hand on the back of her head, feeling blood come into contact with my skin.

My heart raced with every passing second, trying to figure out what to do. I repeated her name, over and over again, my voice getting louder with every call, but nothing.

She didn't budge.

I dug through my pockets for something. Anything that could help.

Without my phone to call 911, I pulled my jacket off and wrapped a small portion of it around her head to try and stop the bleeding.

Desperate to get her professional medical attention, I dug through her pockets and pulled her phone out of the front of her hoodie pocket.

With shaking hands, I dialed 911 and called for an ambulance.

The woman on the other end told me that it would be around 5 minutes, which only worsened my anxiety. I hung up the phone and continued to apply pressure to the back of her head.

She still had a pulse, but it was fading fast, and I began to realize the possibility of her not making it.

I could hear the wailing sirens in the distance. An eerie feeling almost, as it took another minute for the ambulance to come into sight, the entire area being a ghost town at 3:00 A.M.

I flagged the ambulance down and explained everything.

"She was just standing there, and then just passed out. I have no clue what was wrong with her. She looked fine." I said, fumbling my words in an effort to keep my composure.

Seeing that she wasn't coming to and having a weak pulse forced the ambulance to rush her to the hospital.

"Are you coming with?" One of the drivers asked me as they loaded her into the back of the ambulance.

"Y-Yeah." I said, uncertainly, hopping into the back of the ambulance and taking a seat at her side.

Her body was pale, her face beginning to lose all color. I knew I had to stay calm.

I gave one of the paramedics all of her information that I knew, and in that time, we reached the emergency entrance to the hospital. They pulled the stretcher off of the ambulance and ran her into the front door, with one of the trauma doctors coming to see me outside.