Chapter 46 - The Same Love

I promised in my previous update that I would fill everyone in on what had happened in the chapters that had been omitted. The Oilers beat the Flames in 5 games in the Western Conference Quarter Finals, and then beat the Kings in 6 games in the Conference Semi-Finals. They are currently waiting on their opponents for the Western Conference Finals, which will either be the Blackhawks or the Avalanche.

May 31st

Ashley's POV

As the second overtime started, all of us waited anxiously for who would score the next goal. 

It was game 7 between the Blackhawks and the Avalanche, and the next goal would send the winner to the Conference finals to match up with the Oilers. 

I rested my head in Ryan's lap, nodding in and out during the intermission and into overtime. 

"How are you sleeping right now? This is so intense!" Taylor asked, directing his attention to me. 

"Some of us didn't sleep well last night." I said, flipping him off and turning away from the TV and towards Ryan. 

"We all could have done without your sass, Ash." Taylor joked, focusing his attention back on the game. 

I felt Ryan's hand rub my shoulder lightly. 

"You can go up to bed if you want babe, no one will hold it against you." Ryan whispered, giving me a sympathetic look. 

I just shook my head and pulled myself closer to his body, turning back towards the TV. 

"I'll try and last." I mumbled, struggling to keep my eyes open. 

The game continued on for what seemed like forever, until the Avs carried the puck in on a 3 on two, and after a beautiful passing play, the puck ended up in the back of the Hawks net. 

"Wow, what a play." Jordan infers with awe. 

"Who put that in?" Ryan asked. 

"Landeskog." Taylor replied, shooting Ryan a look, to which Ryan dismissed. 

"Whatever." Ryan muttered. "I'm going to bed." He finished, abruptly getting up from the couch, allowing me to thump down on top of it. 

I followed Ryan upstairs, knowing that he was annoyed about having to face Gabe in the Conference Final. 

I walked into the room and Ryan was changing into his sleepwear, not knowing that I was standing in the door way. 

He heard me come in and turned to face me briefly before turning back towards the dresser. I walked over to him and placed my hand on his shoulder. 

"I know you're upset about something." I inquire. 

"I'm not, Ash." He says, dismissively, not turning around to face me. 

"Ryan, look at me." I say, forcefully. He turns and looks at me eye to eye. 

"You have nothing to prove to anyone. Not to Taylor, or Jordan, or Gabe, or even me. You guys came this far, and that's a lot further than a lot of people thought. You all have so much to be proud of, especially you." I say, wrapping my arms around his torso. "And no matter what happens, I'll still feel the same way about you." 

"And what's that feeling?" He asks, a small smile on his face. 

I stood on my tip toes and planted a kiss on his lips. 

"I'll still be madly in love with you, Ryan. I always will be. And nothing will ever change that."