chapter twenty-two

Lisa's p.o.v

Mrs. Stokes doctored my wrist as Jason kept me from standing up. "So where am I gonna sleep 'Nick'?" I ask. "there's two guest bedrooms. You can sleep in one of those two. Tomorrow we have to get you put in school." He answered. Jason gave him a 'not now' look. "I'm not going to school. Ever. I dropped out this year to help Jason and to make it harder for you to find me. I'm definitely not going to school with your precious brat over there." I was dead serious. Zoey kept making faces and sticking her tongue out at me like a big child. "Zoey stop being immature." Jason said giving her a sideways glance. "You have two choices. A: go to school, or B: go with me and Jason to the lab. One or the other. You choose." Nick said. "You want to put the girl who tried to help kill you and hates cops more than needles in a building with cops. I think I'll try school and if your stupid daughter doesn't stop with the stupid faces I'm gonna punch her in the face." I said flipping Zoey off. "Zoey. Go to bed. You have school tomorrow." Mrs. Stokes spoke up and Zoey marched off. "Lisa, I'll show you to your room. You've got school to." Jason said when Mrs.Stokes was done. He grabbed my arm and I pulled away. We walked upstairs and down a long hall and Jason stopped at a purple door. "This is you're room. Mines right next door. Li did you really mean what you said on the phone?" He ask as I walked into my room. I shut the door in his face. I laid on my bed and cried myself to sleep.