#32

Requested by aqxaimagines. I'm not sure if this is exactly what you wanted but I hope it's ok. And I'm so so so sorry it took so long!

+++

H/n's point of view

I quickly parked my car and ran to the front doors of the hospital, not caring if I looked like a crazy person. A few minutes ago I had received a phone call from one of y/n's friends, telling me that she had been in a car accident and was now in the hospital. I didn't waste any time getting there - in fact I think I may have run a red light - but I just needed to see her and know that she is ok.

I ran up to the reception desk, which startled the receptionist and earned me weird looks from the other people in the waiting room. "Hello, can I help you?" The receptionist asked, looking up from her computer. "Yeah, my girlfriend is here and I need to see her. Her name is y/n. Y/n l/n. Can you tell me where I can find her?" I asked. The receptionist returned her gaze to her screen and checked her computer before answering my question. "Yes, she's in Room 14 on the second floor. Would you like me to show you where to go?" I didn't bother to answer her question, instead I ran upstairs and began frantically looking for Room 14.

After a few minutes of running up and down corridors on the second floor, I found Room 14. My hand hovered above the handle and I feared that I wasn't ready to see what was on the other side of the door. Maybe it's nothing - maybe she's only in the hospital as a precaution. I took a deep breath and slowly opened the door, telling myself over and over that she will get better, no matter how bad the damage was. I opened the door and my heart lurched at the sight of her hooked up to several machines, her body motionless and her eyes closed. F/n was at the side of her bed and she looked up at me as I entered the room. My knees felt weak as I stumbled to the chair beside y/n's bed and took her limp hand in mine. "Is she sleeping?" I quietly asked f/n, who was sitting on the opposite side of the bed. She looked up at me and I noticed that her eyes were red. "Yes ... In a way." She looked away from me as she finished her sentence and my breath hitched in my throat. "She'll be ok," I said, mostly to myself. "She'll be fine, and we can all talk when she wakes up and-"
"If she wakes up," f/n said quietly. The look on her face told me that she didn't want to say it, but a part of me was thinking it - and I hated myself for it. F/n slowly stood up and made her way across the room. "Well, it's getting late and I should probably get going," she said slowly. I nodded in response, but I didn't take my eyes off y/n. She closed the door behind her and left me alone with my thoughts. For a moment it was if everything in my head had gone quiet - it was like I wasn't thinking or feeling anything at all as my eyes scanned over her face. But that feeling didn't last very long.
Everything began to sink in all at once, and it felt like it was too much to process. I had to tell myself over and over that she will be ok, that she will wake up. It worked for a little while, until another voice in my head began to speak up, a voice that I refused to acknowledge, but as the time passed I began to listen to it, and believe that some of the things it was saying were true. 'What if she doesn't wake up? What if she doesn't wake up, and you will never get the chance to tell her how much you love her, or hold her in your arms, or hear her voice ever again?'
That was when the crying began. It was the worst type of crying - the silent type, where you feel it in your throat and your eyes become blurry from the tears. "Please wake up," I croaked as I held her hand tighter. "Please don't leave me - I need you. I don't want to live without you - I can't live without you - so please don't go. Please don't leave me." I rested my head on the edge of her bed and let out a sigh. "God, please don't take her from me, take me instead," I whispered as I closed my eyes. I would have traded places with her in a heartbeat, I would have given anything to make sure she was ok, but there was nothing I could do.

My eyes drifted to the clock, and I let out a sigh when I realised it was almost midnight. I'd been here for almost 5 hours, and every second added to the growing worry in my mind. I ran a hand through my hair and sat back in my chair, watching her face, hoping that her eyes would open, and a smile would return to her lips and I'd be able to hold her in my arms again. A doctor entered the room and he gave me a small smile. "How is she?" I asked hopefully as he checked the various machines she was wired up to. "Everything looks promising, she should wake up soon," he said. Should. That was a word I didn't want to hear. The doctor left the room and I was alone again. I let out a yawn and closed my eyes, hoping to get some sleep when I heard something stir next to me. My eyes remained closed, knowing that I was just imagining things. But then came something that I never could have imagined. "Hey," a voice said quietly. My eyes flew open and I finally saw what I had been waiting to see all night. She was awake and smiling, and I didn't hesitate to hold her hand in mine. "Nice outfit," she said weakly grinning. For the first time since I got here, I noticed I was still wearing my grey sweatpants and I had no shirt on underneath the jacket I had thrown on when I left in a hurry. "I could say the same to you," I smiled as she looked down at the hospital gown she was wearing. "I'm so glad you're awake," I sighed as I buried my face into her hair. She smiled and kissed the top of my head. "Well, I guess you're stuck with me for a little longer," she laughed. I laughed a little too and kissed her forehead. "I was so worried you know," I said seriously, staring into her eyes. "Why? You would have still been alive," she said, looking up at me. "No, I wouldn't have." I said, placing a kiss on her lips. "What? Why not?" She asked, looking at me confused. I smiled and kissed her once more. "Because I can't live without you."

+++
Hope you guys liked it! Sorry it was so long and the ending is kinda bad but  at least it was a happy one :) Also, seeing as it is that time of the year again I will post a new Valentines Day imagine for you guys because I love you all so much 😘