#26

"Leave me out of this!" You say, holding up your hands in a truce as you make your way across your boyfriend's backyard, where he and some of his friends were in the middle of a water fight.

You tip-toed across the grass - careful to avoid any water balloons that had been dropped and had not yet popped - and to the hammock, where you sat down and continued to read your book. It was a beautiful day, and you had decided to read outside and enjoy the sun, even though there was a water fight going on.

It was all fine, until h/n tossed you a water gun, which landed on the grass right next to you.

"You might want this!" He calls from the other side of the yard. You pick it up, a confused look on your face.

"Why?" You ask. You thought you had made it pretty clear that you didn't want to be a part of their water fight.

He doesn't reply but just looks at one of his friends then nods and turns back to you, a cheeky grin on his face.

Before you could do anything, the sprinkler that was right next to you turn on and water began to pour all over you. You cover your book and stand up shocked, now soaking wet.

"Oh that is it - it's on!" You say, picking up the water gun and putting your book somewhere dry.

You participate in the water fight for what seems like forever - you were having so much fun you lost track of time. Eventually you called a truce and you met up with your boyfriend in the middle of the backyard.

You had been on opposing sides in the fight but you didn't mind because you got revenge from the sprinkler incident.

"That was fun," you say smiling as he wraps his arms around your waist.

"I always have fun when you're with me," he smiles, kissing you.

One of his friends grabs the hose and sprays you both while saying, "Ok, ok enough with the kissing!"

You spend the rest of the day laying next to h/n drying off under the sun and all of his friends had gone home which meant you could kiss in peace.