#12

The world is ending.

Well, not literally. Although today is about to get bad. Really bad. You had forgotten your science assignment and your parents had told you that if you failed a single assessment you wouldn't be allowed to go on the holiday with your friends that you had been looking forward to since school started.

Your assignment was due in twenty minutes, and you had to start it from scratch. You were by yourself, as you knew that your friends would most likely distract you from your assignment work. But there was one thing that was in the way of your 'no friends = no distractions plan'. And it was h/n.

He was sitting on the other side of the library, waving at you. What he was doing in here you didn't know, but you just hoped he didn't come over. You decided to wave, just to make sure you didn't give him a reason to walk over. Unfortunately, he does.

"Hey y/n," he smiles, sitting next to you. "Whatcha doin'?"

You don't feel like replying, so instead you sigh. You try think of the politest way you can say 'go away, I don't want to talk to you'.

"Umm, h/n," you say, as he reads the few sentences you've written from over your shoulder. You just don't have the heart to tell him to go away. He's your boyfriend, after all. "I really have to go, I'll be back."

You quickly pick up your laptop, leaving the rest of your stuff behind. If you took all of it, he might think you were avoiding him. Unfortunately there were no seats left, so you put your laptop on a shelf and started typing. You could see h/n's head from where you were, probably waiting for you to come back.  You turn your attention back to your laptop. After barely two minutes of typing, a somebody whispers something to you.

"So who are we hiding from?"

H/n's breath tickles your neck.
You jump in shock, almost knocking your laptop to the floor.

"I'm not hiding from anybody," you say, looking at the clock. 5 minutes and you've barely finished the introduction.

"You're a terrible liar," he says, leaning his elbow on the shelf, staring at you. Why does he have to be so goddamn handsome?!

Finally, you've had enough. "Listen h/n, I have an assignment to finish in three minutes and I'm really not in the mood -"

"You mean the one in your locker?" H/n interrupts.

"The what? You mean to tell me?"

H/n nods.

"Oh my gosh, h/n! I'm so relieved and - I could kiss you!"

H/n smirks, and holds up a book, covering both of your faces. "Can't say no to that."