#15

You are in the last class of the day, with 5 minutes to go. And so far, it's feeling like the longest 5 minutes of your life.

You catch h/n staring at you from across the class and you smile. He's obviously bored too.

With nothing better to do, you mouth the words, 'Staring contest? ' to him from across the class.

He smiles and counts back from three. You blink a few times then hold your stare, the contest beginning. You stare at his face and he stares at yours, but he breaks the look when he picks up his phone and shines the screen in your eyes, forcing you to blink.

He smiles and you mouth the words, 'No fair!'.

He rolls his eyes. 'Fine, again?'

You nod and close your eyes while counting to three. When you open them, you stare slightly east of his eyes, focusing on a bird outside of the window so he can't shine anything in your face again. You're not looking directly at him, but you easily see that he blinked.

'Ha! I win!' You whisper and your friend looks at you as if you are mad. She then realises what you are doing and just giggles, quietly of course. He sighs and shifts his chair so that he is leaning with his back against the wall, facing you.

'Best of three? ' He mouths, and you sigh. First he cheats, now he can't bear to lose.

'Fine,' you reply and get ready for one final round. You stare at each other, but this round lasts longer. Your e/c eyes lock onto his handsome e/c ones, and you forget most things for a moment until you are reminded of the staring contest when he blinks. You smile and dance a little victory dance in your seat. He rests his head on his hand in defeat and you grin cheekily at him. Before you know it, the rest of the class if standing up and leaving their seats and you smile once more. What better way to pass the time than stare at h/n?

+++

sorry it's short but I think it's sweet xxx