Chapter 3

Tati P.O.V
"Tati! Come down here!". My mom yelled coming in the house, drunk. I walked out of my room saying a quick prayer before walking towards her.
"Yes?". I asked in a small voice.
"Come here, baby. I'm hungry." She said extending his arms.
"I-i'll make us something to eat." I said walking past her to the kitchen.
"No. You have everything that'll fill me up.". She said walking towards me. I backed up against the wall. She tried taking off my clothes but I fought back.
"Stop fighting it! You know you want your mommy.". She said ripping my shirt off of me.
"No! Stop!". I yelled at her, then I bit her finger. She yelled and then slapped me with the back of her hand. I stumbled a little trying to catch my balance, then that's when the last thing I saw was her coming towards me before I blacked out.
I woke up on the cold floor naked. I looked around and saw that the house was dark and empty. Completely empty. Not one furnisher in sight. Not one food. Nothing absolutely nothing. She must've upped and left. I got up and walked to her room. Nothing was in here except her oversized dresser. She probably couldn't carry it. I saw a folder on top of it and it was my birth certificate.
I saw my father's name on it. I went into my empty room and grabbed a phone book that I hid. I looked upped my father's name and saw his number.
I ripped the page out and wrapped a towel around my naked body. I grabbed a fifty out of my drawer for occasions like this and I headed out of the door, in search of a telephone booth.
......................................................
I sat on Jonathon back as he was doing push ups. I snacked on my Poptart while playing music on my phone for my baby.

"I'm done babygirl.". He said, dropping his body to the floor. I climbed off of him and backed upped so that the can roll over. I put my feet on his and squatted in front of him as he started to do his sit ups.

"What you thinking babygirl?" Jonathon asked me.

"That I should start taking up boxing classes." I said as I bit my lip.

"For what?"

"Self-defense. Duhh.".

"I know that, but what you need it for?"

"Well, starters, my boyfriend is in a gang. And we all know that they go after the girl in gangs for some reason. Especially what happened between Loni and Samir. Secondly, some crazy person might come at me."

"What's the third reason?"

"What you mean?"

"Babygirl I know you. We've been together for five years. Go ahead and say it."

"Say what?"

"That you want to learn to fight in case your mother comes back."

I didn't say anything because we both knew he was right. This man knows me too well. He must be knowing that I still be having flashbacks because there is no way he would mention my mother just for reason.

" Babygirl you know love you, right?"

"Yes.".

"Good. I'm not letting you take any classes. I don't trust them people with my queen. But I'll teach you myself. They wont teach you anything that'll help you in reality."

"Your serious?". I gasped.
"Duh."

"Awe. Thanks baby."

"Mhmm. Now give me a kiss.". He said stopping his sit ups and he came up to me waiting. But I pushed his face away.

"Ew. No. Your all sweaty and shìt.". I said standing up.

"Ima get my kiss whether you like it or not.". He said hopping up fast. I looked back and took that as my cue to start running.