Toya

Awakening around mid-evening to the smell of food cooking, I sleepily look around the comfortably tidy living room area and the events of the day come rushing back to me. Grinning to myself, I stroll to the bathroom to clean up with the intention to investigate the delicious scents coming out of the kitchen.

Testing the water and deeming it warm enough against my cold skin, I check the lock on the bathroom door before stripping and stepping into the mist. Awakening my senses and stealing the last traces of sleep and stress from my body, I rub some of my vanilla and cocoa scented all purpose wash into my hair, grinning as my hair forgets the heat I put onto it and curls up, tightly wound, springy curls fanning across my face and puffing up.

Rubbing yet more of the sweet smelling wash into my skin, I rotate the stiffness out of my muscles before washing the remaining soap out of my hair and turning off the nozzle. Wrapping a clean cotton tee shirt around my hair, I grab a warm, fluffy towel and wrap it around my body. Rubbing in cocoa shea baby oil, I detach the hotel provided blow dryer.

Setting it on its lowest setting, I diffuse the water out of my hair, adding some product in it to nourish and hold my curls. Quickly dressing and setting aside the dirty clothes to wash, I deposit them in Liam's dirty clothes hamper and walk into the kitchen.

Smiling softly, I see Liam decked out in a Batman apron, flipping the spatula like he flips his microphone. Singing along to the radio, he's performing a concert to the food he's cooking.

I can't believe this man.

Laughing lightly, I quickly cover my mouth as Liam whirls around, still singing. He drops the spatula on the counter and sweeps me into his arms, whisking me around the kitchen to a song only he can hear and hums along to.

"Liam, the food." My eyes drift to the stove, the cook in me worried about anything burning while I'm in the kitchen. Laughing, Liam presses a promising kiss on my lips before I let out a shriek of surprise. Placing me on the counter next to him, Liam finishes cooking while I watch.

Finally turning off the burners, Liam fits himself between my legs, hands on my thighs and I shudder at the closeness. Leaning up to press his forehead to mine, he whispers "I like this."

Nodding, I lean in to kiss him, needing to taste his lips once again. Liam stills against my taste test of his lips, his hands tightening against my thighs as his breathing grows harsh while I break his defenses down with my repeated, curious, playful nudging. He holds steady, not wanting to startle me, and then I nip his lip and he comes undone.

Hands climb up my back as the kiss heats, leaving trails of fire everywhere our bodies touch. Desperate touches and kisses consume us as we can't get enough of each other. I gasp as his lips meet my throat, my back arching and chest pushing into his.

A shrill ringing pulls us out of our reverie, breaking the moment. The cold air cools my flushed skin as Liam regretfully leaves my arms to answer it. Letting out a deep breath, I run my hands through my hair, body still tingling.

That was intense.

My lips are still tender and I stare at the back of the man who just occupied them. If the phone hadn't gone off when it did, who knows where it would've gone. I'm not ready to give myself to him in that way, memories of things in the past keeping my defenses up. I want him but... I don't want to be another notch in another belt as well as a charity case. I will be no ones charity case.

The longer Liam is on the phone, the darker my thoughts go as I berate myself over losing myself in a few kisses. Could I be anymore pathetic? We barely know each other and yet, here I am sharing living space with him until his business in New York is concluded and I'm disgusted with myself.

I never wanted to be this girl.

Liam glances over at me from his phone call and his facial expression changes as he takes in what I'd imagine is a very conflicted facial expression. He walks towards me and I make no move to get down from the counter he sat me on. Resting his forearm on my thigh, he plays with my curls while continuing his conversation.

Turning the stove back on, he gently stirs dinner, re warming it while he graces me with small touches. Finishing his call, he turns off the stove and moves easily about the kitchen, grabbing two plates and glasses. Fishing silverware out of the drawer, he rinses them off and dishes out the food.

Twirling the fork in the pasta, he raises it to my lips. "Open up."

Rolling my eyes, I accept the bite as I watch him take the next and he does the same with the chilled wine he managed to materialize out of seemingly nowhere. Continuing the meal in this fashion, with small chatter and laughing, I realize that there is one plate, cup and utensil not being used.

"What was that for then?"

"I took those out just in case you didn't feel so comfortable with me." He responds truthfully and my cold heart pricks as I feel the tugging of warmth, trying to bring me back to life. Trying to make me feel again.

Nodding, I accept another bite of pasta, sighing in happiness. "Alfredo happens to be one of my favorite pastas," I whisper, confidentially.

"Imagine that," he whispers, conspiratorially. "It's one of mine too."

Laughing, he kisses me again before we begin cleaning up the kitchen. Singing along to his phone music, we clean, laugh and kiss before retiring to the couch to watch tv. His phone buzzes and a name I've seen thrown about flashes across the screen, making my blood reach arctic temperatures.

"Answer it," I bite out bitterly.

"No." Liam replies, ignoring the call and sliding his phone back into his pocket. "I'm here with you. There's no place I'd rather be."

"Don't tell me what I want to hear Liam."

He looks at me, eyes hard. "I'm not going to say this again: I'm here with you and there's no place I'd rather be. So please, shut up and relax so we can continue our evening in peace."

I bristle at his order and he looks at me in challenge, eyes daring me. Huffing, I cross my arms over my chest and he sighs deeply, pulling me into his arms.

"There's no place I'd rather be."