Toya

After getting Aiden checked out at the new hospital, I curl up in the hospital bed with him.

Noah is very reserved, sitting on the couch in the private room, not saying much as he looks at his younger brother hooked up to an IV, medication pumping through his bloodstream to rid it of any possible contaminants from the day he's had. Motioning to Noah, he joins me and both of my boys snuggle into me. Kissing their heads, I hold them close, my nerves only just beginning to calm down.

The skin around my knuckle feels tight, a sign that my own body is trying to heal itself after my lapse of cool on Trista's face. I finally allowed a doctor to clean it and stitch it up, accepting the same antibiotics as Aiden to rid my system of any contaminants.

After calling lawyers and general things, we finally find out why Aiden was in the hospital in the first place; he had stuck a pencil eraser in his ear as a ear plug to not have to hear the kids discussing Trista and that didn't end well. He threw a fit when they tried to remove it, so they had to put him to sleep for a bit to remove it. Thankfully it hadn't gone any further, or he could've lost his hearing and balance in his left ear.

We still don't know why Trista was after a blood sample, but she's now sporting 15 stitches and 4 bruised ribs. Liam has Gia, who currently won't stop crying and Noah doesn't look amused. Leaving the room with the fussy little girl, Noah snuggles in closer to me. Kissing his head again, he climbs over me and hugs his brother; the two of them still so small, innocent to the mess that is the real world.

Z steps in the room, closing the door carefully. Climbing in the narrow hospital bed next to me, he draws me into his chest as the boys sleep and I talk.

"She really tried to steal my child's blood. You know I had no other choice right?" I babble and Z silences me. Rocking me gently, he pushes hair from my face.

"She's been pushing you. It's human to reach a breaking point. The video is online."

I groan. "How bad?"

He laughs lightly. "You will be a meme for savagery alone. Remind me never to piss you off." Both laughing, he holds me and I hold my boys as we all drift into sleep, the days events taking it out of us.