Toya

Soft sunlight warms my skin as I stretch in my half asleep, half awakened state. Feeling my head for my satin bonnet, I sigh as it slips off my head and onto my pillowcase. Eyes still closed, I half sit up to retie it and lay back down when a small exhale draws my attention to the excessive heat warming my back. Blinking to clear my vision a bit, I startle as I realize that I'm not in bed alone.

Liam is asleep atop my comforter, face buried into one of the many pillows I absolutely require to get any sort of sleep. His back rises and falls as he inhales and exhales, his hair ruffled and messy. I'm acutely aware of the weight pressing on my chest as being my own hand trying to keep my heart from jumping out of my chest in shock. Anne appears in the doorway, grinning wildly and I don't recall him being here when I went to sleep, I don't recall making a noise to bring her from whatever part of the apartment she was in.

I feel punked.

"When did this happen?!" I whisper yell, glancing over to make sure he's still asleep and feeling vulnerable in just my tank top and yoga pants. Pulling my comforter closer around my body, he mumbles a bit in his sleep before shifting and settling once more. Anne is still grinning wildly and I'm so confused and it's too early for all of this and-

Wait.

"He's on my comforter with his street clothes!" I whisper scream, chest heaving up and down. It's a pet peeve of mine... like a huge pet peeve. He's actually lucky I'm not yelling out loud right now. Thinking of all the germs his clothes have brought to my comforter, I shudder, pushing it away from my body and fully getting out of bed. Anne looks on, amused as I rummage around for a long, hooded sweater and fuzzy socks.

"Would you rather have woken up and he been half dressed? Wait don't answer that." Anne questions as I get ready to fume and then pause, considering waking up to his bare chest and then remembering to question why he was even in my bed without my knowledge to begin with.

"He came over pretty late last night to see you. Came to work on some music with Tony and he ended up here instead of his hotel and you were sound asleep and he didn't want to wake you but he wanted to be close. Seriously, what are you two?" Anne rambles, both of our eyes traveling over to the celebrity sleeping like a small child on my pullout couch, makeshift bed. Realizing the gravity of who he is, my eyes widen.

"Was he followed?"

Anne shakes her head tentatively. "I don't think so. I don't think anyone knew he was here." Her eyes glance back at him, worried now. "He's sleeping so peacefully, I don't want to have to wake him." Nodding in agreement, I step out of the room and gently pull in the door, leaving him to slumber. We walk to the windows of the apartment and look out, searching for something, anything out of the ordinary.

"You know, we are pretty out of the way. Nobody would think to look here." She muses.

"You and I both know that distance has never stopped a fan." I mumble. "Shame, he's sleeping like he hasn't slept in ages." My eyes trail back to the partially closed bedroom door, a sad smile gracing my features. "We really don't know what he goes through."

Anne nods. "I've got to head out for work soon.

I nod, playing with the strings on my hoodie. "I think I'm going to go back to sleep. It's far too early for me."

We laugh and I shuffle back to my room as Anne grabs a few things and leaves, both of us calling to the other to be careful and pay attention to their surroundings. On opening my door, Liam is now burrowed under my comforter and I bite my cheek, trying to steady myself as my body recoils from the now considered contaminated bed spread. Gingerly pulling the section closest to me down, I sigh and pull the hoodie up before getting in, hoping that its enough of a barrier between my sensitive skin and the unknown filth Liam has carried in on his clothes. Head on the pillow, I smooth some of the hair from his face, noting how much softer he looks without sleep lines and tension marring his features.