Toya

I'm usually not this nervous.

I've flat ironed my natural curly hair and applied light makeup. I've run my hands over this dress to smooth out the creases at least seven times. I've been grossed out by my palms sweating. I've run to the bathroom to pee at least three times to nothing.

Nothing but my nerves threatening to peel me apart from the inside out.

Finally the clock says its time to leave and I race out the door, grabbing my coat and purse before performing the yoga rite also known as putting on heels while standing up. I check my reflection once more before scooping my keys off the small glass table by the door. Stepping into the unseasonably crisp winter weather, I duck into my cab to head for the train station.

Fingers drumming against my knee, I pull on my headphones and zone out to music while I read, preferring to be stressed about werewolf mates and schemes to get in between them, rather than accept the reality of my evening.

A club outing with Liam.

I honestly thought he was joking when he asked. He was serious. A friend of his decided they wanted to reopen their club and sure enough, he's on the guest list. So naturally, he would invite me... the girl that completely decimated him on social media.

The joke is in there somewhere, I'm sure of it.

Getting off of the train and getting directions to the club, I walk up to the unassuming exterior, noting the lights flashing off the small insignia outside and the same insignia in bold black and white on the awning.

Feeling like all eyes are on me, I shift uncomfortably in my shoes before taking a deep breath and waking up to the bouncer like I was instructed. Giving him my name, he pulls aside the red velvet rope and ushers me into the dimly lit club. Deep R&B music thrums through my chest, calming me some as I take in the opulent surroundings.

I could probably never get in this club on my own merit.

Feeling suddenly aware of myself, I glance down. My hair has been straightened and styled into loose waves in the shape of a short bob. Lips matte, dark and vampy, the way I like it; I don't usually tend to do anything else makeup wise. My form fitting black dress has an open back, leaving my faded tattoo on display before dipping down slightly into the curve of my backside. Feet adorned with high heel black pumps and my red inked ankle tattoo seems to subtly greet those careful enough to spot it. My cocoa brown skin glistens under the hazy lights as I turn, clutch in hand, looking for the elevator to the VIP section.

"You must be an angel sent to make a sinning man repent." A stranger speaks, eyeing my lustfully. I grimace at the man, who is making no attempts to hide his eyes climbing and dipping with every rise and swell of my body.

"I could change your life baby girl. I-"

"I'm looking for someone." I cut him off, before my eyes finally, gratefully fall on the sign for the elevator to VIP.

"I'm sure who you're looking for can spare a man a minute or two. You look like you taste divine," he licks his lips suggestively and I recoil, body screaming at me to put as much distance between he and myself as possible.

I don't answer him as I continue walking away from him and my heart leaps to my chest when his arm shoots through the elevator doors, halting them. He fixes me with a determined gaze as he steps onto the elevator and presses the button to close the doors.

"Who do you think you are?" He grits and I press my back against the elevator wall, keeping my eyes on him and the elevator dings. He drags his eyes slowly across my body and I've never felt more naked. He's looking at me like I'm naked and I fold my arms across my chest, nerve endings screaming in panic.