Liam

After Aiden's hospital stay, things moved pretty quickly.

I got my own DNA test done and Gia wasn't my biological daughter. Trista got slapped with a hefty fine and her accomplice, my old friend, got a lengthy jail sentence for extortion. Thinking seriously about what Z said to me that day in the hospital, one of my conditions for Trista to not do jail time, she had to sign full custody over to me, which she did without blinking.

Gia is growing quickly and I'm pretty smitten with the little girl, adding her to my two rapidly growing sons.

Toya now owns the hospital that treated our son without our consent, she and Alyssa converting it into a hospital with a wing solely for pediatrics with the best doctors in every specialty and a low cost womens' clinic. She's currently sitting across from me with Gia in her lap, giggling as the little girl makes faces at her.

"Who's a good girl for Auntie Toya?" Gia laughs and Toya wiggles her hands. Aiden and Noah have warmed up to Gia significantly, and I can't help but think that their mother issued some well placed threats, along with the fact that Trista is no longer in the picture.

Toya and Z set down roots back in Toya's native New York, them buying a really nice brownstone and converting it to fit their individual needs, as well as nurture the exploding creativity that hasn't seemed to stop Noah and Aiden. Z and Noah share a room where they can freely color on paper and the walls without fear of reprimand.

Smiling over at the gray scale batman logo they created on my wall, my attention slides over to Toya, who is currently standing in the center of the room, nose crinkled. Catching my quizzical look, she shakes her head. "It's not Gia's diaper."

She sniffs the air again and her hand flies to her nose. "Did you bathe in cologne?"

I look at her oddly as she moves around the room quickly, throwing open windows, the light catching the pear shaped engagement ring resting comfortably over our shared puzzle piece tattoos, now faded on her finger, but still present.

"You okay?" I question, words trailing as she fans her face.

Flushed, she looks over "Yeah, fine."

Not quite believing her, she shoos me off. "Go to your interview. I'm fine."

Kissing Gia, I say my goodbyes to the boys and head out to the familiar building.

"You are now rockin with the most dangerous mid-day radio show on the air!" DJ Green yells into the mic.

"So we've got an old friend in the studio today, Liam Payne, how you been man? I was kinda hoping you'd show up for the three peat with your lady and another baby on the way." Da Deity slides in and I laugh.

"Nah, not this time. She's home with kids."

"And your boy's rock on her finger. Tell her I said congratulations for killing the game twice." I laugh at his welcomed brazenness.

"I mean think about it; she married you and had two kids, built herself a successful career that didn't include reality television and held you down while divorced. I saw that video of her letting your not baby mama have it. Speaking of which, word on the street says you have the little girl now?"

I nod. "Yeah, I adopted Gia as my own. That's my little girl." The hosts aww.

"But on the real, how are you? You're a father of three now, divorced and still one of the most eligible power players in music under 30. How does it feel?"

I think about it for a second. "You know, I'm just rolling with the punches. Toya is an amazing mother and friend to me, despite it all and she never hesitates to tell me when I'm messing up. I think I'm lucky to have such a genuine grounding force in my life and she and my mom will probably be forever friends, so they both look out for me. I'm actually excited for her to get married. Z is a good dude. If I had to pick someone for her, would probably be him."

They nod.

"As for dating, I'm not ready to get back out there yet. Like you said, I'm a father of three and always working on music, whether its for me or others, so my days are pretty busy. If the right one comes along, maybe. But i'm not in any rush."

Da Deity presses. "I remember the way you looked at Toya though, you're seriously telling me that you're not still holding a torch that she'll come back to you?"

I shrug, "Nobody knows the future. Whatever is going to happen, is going to happen. I spent too much time being selfish with her and I'll admit that on air. If she's happy and my kids are happy, I'm good."

"There you have it folks, Liam Payne has spoken." We chat for a bit more about my music and other projects before concluding the interview. Taking pictures and saying my goodbyes, I get in my car. Driving a few blocks, I stop to grab something to eat at a burger chain when my phone rings.

"Hey dad," Noah begins, "don't panic."

Nervousness spiking, I grab my order and head back to my car. Tossing the food in the seat next to me, I press the phone to the hands free device. "What's going on Noah?" I question my now 9 year old son.

"Well... Mom was playing with Gia and she started complaining about some smell and she passed out."

"WHAT!" I hit the brakes, the car behind me honking in annoyance as the driver gives me the finger while driving around me.

"Don't panic. I already called an ambulance. We has Gia and we're following behind mommy's ambulance. Z said he's on his way."

Getting the name and address of the hospital, I quickly enter it into my GPS and make it to the hospital in no time. Spotting the kids in the waiting room, I glance them over, taking Gia from Noah.

Speaking to a nurse, she agrees to keep an eye on Noah and Aiden after showing me to Toya's room.

Toya is staring, eyes furrowed at the IV when I approach the door. Her eyes snap up to mine.

"I'm so sorry. I don't know what-"

Smiling, I sit at the edge of the bed.

"T, you're pregnant."

She looks at me for a minute before she starts laughing. "That's not funny Liam. Are the kids okay?"

Still smiling, I put my hand over hers, stilling her restless movements. "They're fine. You, however, are pregnant." She gasps quietly.

"Z is going to be a father."

I nod.

She runs her fingers through her hair, messing it up a bit. "How?"

"We have two kids, I don't have to tell you how babies are made."

She punches my arm.

"Doctor said you hit the three month mark exactly today. Guess the little one wanted to make its presence known."

Toya groans. "Guess it's a good thing I haven't been drinking then, hm?"

I laugh out loud and she groans again.

"Labor for the third time. I hate you all."

I continue laughing and she punches me again.