Chapter 10

A/N: My 4th Wattpad Birthday Giveaway is over, but don't worry: there will be another one in February as part of the Wattpad Block Party. Anyway, you can see the winners of this one at the bottom of the chapter.

PS: I was thinking about skipping dinner and going straight to the twin's first day in the new school, but since somebody (I'm looking at you Awkward_Little_Me) asked to see Liam's reaction to all things green, here's a bit of that too ;)

*****

Liam's POV

Green.

Green fucking everywhere.

"Well, don't you just stand there, O'Brien." It was Vallery who spoke. "Dinner's getting cold. We've got green peas. And you should try the soda; it's apple flavored. Green apple."

My brother shook his head and whispered something to her; something I couldn't hear.

Had he told her?

Oh, he better not had told Vallery frickin' Reed of all people!
I was so going to get him for it, if he had.

Okay, Liam, just play it cool, I chanted in my head when - after pretty much everyone in the room was giving me a what-the-f-are-you-still-standing-at-the-door-for look - I moved towards the table and sat opposite Nathaniel, between my mom and Mr. Reed.

I looked down. Dark green effin napkins were placed over light green tablecloth.

I looked up towards the Devil's daughter; she was paying no attention to me and was chatting with my brother.

Maybe I am imagining things. Maybe he hadn't told her anything. I'm so going to need a drink to get through this either way though.

I reached towards my glass...

Oh, Hell no!
Green polka dots?
She knows! She frickin' knows!

That was it. I was killing my brother. He can't go around sharing private things about me just 'cause he's had a stupid crush on her since forever. That little...

"Okay, what's going on?" I turned to my mother who had her arms crossed over her chest, her eyes on my face.

"W-what do you mean?"
"W-w-what I mean is," she imitated me, "that you look like a fricking rabbit who's just been caught with a full basket of carrots in someone else's friskin' garden."

"Or cabbage," Vallery murmured... Because cabbage was green?

Was I being paranoid?

"I'm the one from Irish descent in the family; shouldn't I be the one doing the cussing?" Dad suggested.

"Yeah, yeah, that's nice, honey." Mom untangled her arms to wave him off, her gaze still on me. "So?"

"Nothing?" I tried with an unconvincing shrug.

"Val?" Mom was still looking at me.

"Mhm?"

"What do you have on him?"

"Me?" Hell Girl snorted. "I don't have anything on him. Right, Liam, oh, best buddy, oh, best pal?"

Yep. She knew.

Her tone was too sweet to be genuine.

And mom knew that Val knew something. My dad, Nathaniel - everyone now knew that Val knew something about me that I didn't want out there.