Chapter 5

A/N: Tyson from my Here We go Again is making an appearance here. If you want to know more about him, head over to my blog for a character interview with him. The links to the interview and Here We Go Again will be in the comments.

*****

Raiden's POV

"You don't have to come," Val insisted when she saw me unbuckle my belt and she closed the car door, leaning through the window; she had lowered the glass to enjoy the breeze. "I'll be in for ten minutes tops."

"I want to make sure you don't buy something dangerous," I said and she waved me off with a snort.

It really annoyed me when she did that. It always made me want to grab her by the shoulders, shake her and tell her 'Take me seriously, woman!', but knowing Val, she'd probably laugh at my reaction, sass me and end her sentence with 'Ray-Ray' - an address I sometimes enjoyed as Vallery had been the one to come up with it and sometimes it made me growl as she usually used it when she teased me.

"What can be sooo dangerous in the groceries store?" She asked, bobbing her pretty head - messy bun and all - at the sound of the music.

"You can get creative," I complimented her despite of myself. Sadly, her creativity was what usually got her in trouble. Why couldn't she pick up some form of art, drawing perhaps?

And no, 'drawing' like that time we spray-painted a giant-headed, cross-eyed Liam on the side of an abandoned building did not count, although the resemblance with the real thing had been striking when you kept in mind the portrait was done by kinds... Or so we thought at the time.

"Look, Ray-Ray," she started in a very business tone, "I know what I want to get, I know where to get it from, it doesn't have to do with your rude, idiot brother and there's no telling what these two would do in your car if we left them alone in the back seat."

"Vallery!" Her brother raised his voice and straightened, red-faced, but Hunter pulled him back into his arms.

"Hey, it's what I've been thinking about," the older boy murmured in his boyfriend's ear loud enough for all to hear.

The color in Nat's cheeks only intensified and he looked at his shoes.

"See? You should either stay here to babysit them or drive this baby," she ran her hand over the upholstery of the vehicle, "to the car wash."

And with that, Vallery Reed went about her dubious business.

*****

Vallery's POV

"Don't even think about it," I warned when Raiden eyed the bright pink purse I left on his back seat.

"Then tell me what is in the purse," he replied, unfazed.

"Were you seriously planning to go through my purse? 'Cause friends or not, if anyone goes through my purse without my permission, they are going to be in serious trouble." I slammed the door of the car.

"Trouble is what I'm trying to prevent." He didn't close his door any more gently. "You refuse to tell us what you bought so yeah, we are a little suspicious. Am I right, guys?"

We looked around only to realize by brother and his boyfriend were already at the garage entrance, waiting for us.

"Don't wanna be late for your shift, do you, Ray-Ray?" I asked as I headed their way.

"Don't try to change the subject, Vallery." His voice came from behind me and I clenched my fists.

A little trust would be great right now!