Chapter 92: Skeeter's say

24th January 1981

When the Wizarding world woke up late on Sunday morning, trudged about it in their old fluffy slippers all the way to the kitchen table where they reached out for their cup of coffee and the newspaper, they were in for a rude shock.

The bleary eyes blinked the sleep away furiously and the lazy morning slouches instantly became stiff and straight.

"WHO IS THE REAL ENEMY?"

The daily prophet screamed up at them. On the front page were two photos. Photos of two well known and one would dare say well respected faces – Hermione Black (nee Granger) and Sirius Black.

Rita Skeeter explores the lives and lies of the young Lord and Lady Black who, seduced by power and tempted by the darkest of arts are perhaps more dangerous than you-know-who himself.

Beneath the caption was a long list of titles, each with a page number by its side where they could find the entire articles.

SBHGSBHGSBHGSBHGSBHGSBHGSBHGSBHGSBHGSBHGSBHGSBHGSB HGSB

Molly Weasley sat in the cluttered kitchen of the burrow, her eyes scanning through the pages quickly.

Hermione Black – The truth of her dark past.

Born to a muggle family in central London, Hermione showed signs of magic fairly early. Signs that were noticed by an unidentified dark wizard who ensured she received proper training.

By eleven however, this young girl had developed enough control over her magic and instead of accepting her Hogwarts letter as her mentor had wanted, she turned it down and remained home to study the forbidden arts.

While not much is known of the true extent of her knowledge, Miss. Granger refused to be contained once she turned seventeen. Signs of struggle between her mentor and her indicate his regret at having trained this young witch.

Hermione's quickly draining patience with her mentor was a sign he noticed. In one last attempt at warning the most powerful wizard of the century, he sent his apprentice to the confines of Hogwarts in the last seconds of his life.

His attempt was however thwarted when instead of being restricted, she found herself in the company of none other than Sirius Black – the master of dark arts.

Molly dropped the paper, shaking her head vigorously in an attempt to dislodge these disturbing thoughts. She knew nothing of Sirius and very little of Hermione but this, she refused to believe.

Molly was a mother more than anything else and she had seen the way Hermione was around her children. There was no way the girl could be all that the paper made her out to be.

SBHGSBHGSBHGSBHGSBHGSBHGSBHGSBHGSBHGSBHGSBHGSBHGSB HGSB

Alastor Moody had his eyes fixed on the fourth page of the daily prophet. There was a small photo right below the title of the article that had caught his attention. Hermione's wand was pointed directly at Albus Dumbledore.

Should we be threatened?

Hermione Black, last sighted a few weeks ago at Hogsmedge was caught dueling none other than Albus Dumbledore himself. The more shocking detail being that the young witch seemed to have defeated the...

Alastor Moody refused to read anymore of this, after all there was one better way of finding the truth. Paying a visit to Hogwarts.

SBHGSBHGSBHGSBHGSBHGSBHGSBHGSBHGSBHGSBHGSBHGSBHGSB HGSB