Chapter 10: A little lesson in Friendship

The head boy of Hogwarts was seen bright and early on Monday morning trying to get his friends out of bed.

"Damn it guys get up already! We are going to be late!" the desperate werewolf was heard saying as quietly as he could without waking Hermione but James covered his head with a pillow and Sirius simply sunk deeper under the sheets.

"I'm not going to wait you know" Remus threatened and both marauders peeked at him with slight smirks.

"You won't go out there alone moony" James said confidently.

"Maybe I will" Remus huffed but even he knew he wouldn't dare venture out without those two.

"No you wont!" Sirius said lazily from under his sheets, already having nestled back in.

"Fine I won't. But I will hex you." He warned with his wand drawn. Both boys snorted and moments later yelped loudly and sat up drenched in cold water.

Remus stood there proudly while a now fully awake Hermione giggled.

"Well someone is enjoying themselves" Sirius muttered, grudgingly getting out of bed. James threw a wet pillow at the grinning werewolf and then followed Sirius to the bath.

"You might want to dry that up before madam Pomfrey comes around" Hermione said after finally getting her breath back.

"She won't be around for another twenty minutes at the least but you are probably right" Remus agreed and quickly dried the sheets up.

"Yes cuz no one is as paranoid as Remus about getting a good breakfast" Sirius said coming back from the shower with a lose tie around his neck but otherwise in full uniform. Remus snorted delicately but wisely chose to ignore the comment.

James came in a moment later, messing his hair up a bit more before flopping onto a bed.

"Remind me why we are up this early again?" he asked grumpily.

"Because unlike you I do not like the idea of getting mobbed first thing in the morning." Remus retorted.

"What he means is he wants to have his breakfast in peace" Sirius translated from his place in front of a mirror.

"What do you have against a good breakfast?" Remus asked scowling as Hermione watched them with fond smiles.

"Just the early hour that we are supposed to have it at!" Sirius muttered.

James was beaming at them before saying happily "come on guys, think of the brighter side of today!"

"Apart from being mass murderers who have been missing for the three days and the fact that the whole castle is going to be on our tail you mean?" Sirius asked sarcastically

Before James could bring himself to answer they saw Hermione laughing hysterically. It took her a good five minutes to get over herself and when she did she muttered something about "nargles and cheering charms" and giggled again.

James seemed worried about her sanity, Remus was confused and Sirius was staring at her quietly, a small smile on his face. He loved how often he made her laugh and though he too had no clue what it was about this time, he felt content because it was only during these times that she actually acted like a fully alive and functioning teenage girl.

Finally she stopped and collected herself again before apologizing quickly. "Sorry, it reminded me of something else but what were you going to say James?" she asked.

"What? Oh! Yeah, the brighter side of today! I get to see Evans!" he said happily and the other two sighed dramatically.

"Looks like its going not going to be such a good day for lily either" Remus said very matter-of-factly but James was unfazed.