Chapter 63: Gringotts

Sirius summoned his bike, mounted the heavy metal, kick-started it roughly and rose into the air. He wanted to scream, rage, lash out and throw a fit but he knew that he had to get out of there before he ended up doing something he regretted.

Twenty minutes later, Sirius found breathing heavily as he stood in a completely decimated room of requirement. The glasses were broken, the table smashed, the couch ripped and the cushion burning.

Any more damage to the room and it would be beyond repair, but his temper was no where close to burning out and anyone who had feared his slight annoyances before would be down right terrified now.

He couldn't help it though. The memories of the future haunted him. James, Lily, Remus, Regulus....they were stuck in his head. They played over and over like an old broken record and it frustrated him that he couldn't forget it.

How could he when he was trained to remember? All Black's were. They weren't all born with an incredible memory. No, they were trained. They were trained well enough to extract memories of a newspaper they had read at the age of six from the abyss of their brain.

Their mind was set on an automatic mode to retain, relive and reassess every minute detail. They were masters of mind magic and Sirius was the best of the lot. He had always prided himself on it.

Another thing he prided himself on was the absolute control he had on anything and everything. So to have that control taken away, to sit and helplessly wait for things to happen before he could act to stop it, to watch himself lose everything that mattered? It sent him in a blind rage.

And that temper? It was all Black and deny it as he may, so was he.

The raw power that enabled him to destroy the room without a wand? Black.

The cold lilting voice that sent shivers up anyone's spine? Black.

The insane gleam in his eyes? Black.

The desperate urge to protect his family? Black.

Yes, Sirius was a Black, by blood, by birth and by nature.

And that was exactly why he knew what he had to do right then.

SBHGSBHGSBHGSBHGSBHGSBHGSBHG SBHGSBHGSBHGSBHGSBHGSBHGSB

It had been a long time since the wizarding world last saw a handsome imperial figure with a dark head and emerald robes walking up the steps that lead into Gringotts. Sirius crossed the marble floor, a spitting image of his father and the senior goblins came running to his service.

A cold nod was the only sign of acknowledgement he gave as he allowed them to lead the way to some of the more comfortable chambers where they could discuss the transactions.

He sat on a velvet couch, his back ramrod straight, his chin up and his lips in a thin line. For a good half hour, he was informed of every knut that had been added to or removed from his vault since Alphard's death.

He was actually surprised to see that discussing gold calmed him down a great deal. He looked through the proceeding of the family business with a frown. They had gained only a seventy percent profit in the past two years and he most certainly was not pleased.

No wonder his father always complained.

It was always assumed that Orion was the eldest of the three Black Lords, but it had always been Alphard who was the head. He had merely stepped aside for his brother.

Sirius however had no intentions of letting anything slip.

He had always been trained to take over Alphard's inheritance and Regulus was to get their father's. That had been decided the minute their uncle had declared that he would have no family of his own.