Chapter 64: Tag along

Lily gripped her husbands hand tight, Sirius was already badly hurt and she did not want James throwing around punches now. Hazel eyes met the green ones and with a huff of annoyance, James stopped struggling against Remus's hold.

"You show up half dead in here again and I will personally kill you" James spat before turning around and stalking out of the room.

Lily sighed in relief. James was by nature a steady person but one scratch on Sirius was enough to send him flying off the handle and honestly Sirius was getting hurt quite often these days.

She switched her gaze to meet apologetic silver ones. She gave him a sad smile before following her husband out.

SBHGSBHGSBHGSBHGSBHGSBHGSBHG SBHGSBHGSBHGSBHGSBHGSBHGSB

Lily froze at their door, seeing the room completely thrown apart. Hesitantly she stepped in and James turned on her.

"Where is the cloak?" He asked angrily.

Silently she walked in and reached into the bedside draw where he generally kept it before holding it out to him. He immediately snatched it from her and disappeared under it. Lily waited another minute before he appeared again.

"Open the door Lils" he said as calmly as he could.

"No" she replied, sitting herself comfortably on the bed.

"Lily, open it" James ordered again. She refused to move.

"I want to know what happened! Lily open the damn door" James ground out angrily.

"You could have listened downstairs. Or I'm sure he'll tell you again tomorrow" Lily replied calmly.

"I want the truth, something is wrong with Sirius and I want to know" James said before drawing his own wand. "I'll blast it open if I have to" he added threateningly.

She studied him for a long moment before sighing. Standing up and crossing the room, she picked up the cloak from where he dropped it and put it over the two of them.

"Someone needs to stop you from doing something stupid" She muttered and the two of them snuck into the room across theirs, waiting for Sirius and Hermione to show up.

SBHGSBHGSBHGSBHGSBHGSBHGSBHG SBHGSBHGSBHGSBHGSBHGSBHGSB

Ten minutes of being crouched in a corner later, the door opened again and Sirius walked in with Hermione at his heels. Lily watched as he instantly sunk into the bed while Hermione warded the room and then leaned against the door and glared at him.

"Tell me that was not an impulsive act of recklessness" Hermione hissed at her boyfriend.

"It wasn't. Well not completely. I hadn't originally intended to go tonight" Sirius answered.

"So there was a plan?" she asked and he nodded. Lily felt James stiffen at her side.

"Were you going to tell me?" was the next sharp question.

"Honestly love? No. Its common knowledge that you hate Gringotts" Sirius answered.

"So you decide to break in alone?" Hermione asked, her voice raising an octave.

"Mione, I didn't break in. I visited it. I have a vault there you know" Sirius replied and though Lily couldn't see his expression, it was easy to tell he was amused. Hermione glared.

"You know what I mean!" She snapped.

"Relax, I was in there with legal permission" Sirius sighed. James and Lily exchanged a glance, not sure either of them understood much. Hermione stood there tapping her feet, impatiently waiting for him to explain.